What film did you watch last night?

Ha, first one of that 'Honest Trailers' series that I actually agree with. Been looking for a way to sum up that final scene with the remote Scottish house, their 'explanation' was spot on.

I actually said "oh come on, this is ripped from home alone" during the preperation bits in the scottish house, after saying "oh come on, thats ripped from...." a dozen other films throughout the rest of the film.

There was basically nothing original through the film, though Bardem when he was in it, at least at first, was sufficiently odd and creepy to be a bad guy, but his part quickly descended into pantomine BS with terrible plot.

The complete lack of any involvement of the bond girl was painful, rather than multiple scenes and the unoriginal but good story they usually have, looking for revenge on the bad guy, or got involved and can't get away and falls for Bond over the course of the film, it was meet her, make a psychic reading explaining her entire life story for her, bang, gone. THere was zero character growth, it was like getting a bond girl on screen, her story told as quickly as possible(in the worst possible way) and getting rid of her as quickly as possible.

I can't think of anything in the film that was actually good, the trailer was far more entertaining than the film........ and even worse than that, it was still better than QOS :p

Shame - 8/10

Grim. A proper tragedy in every sense of the word. Good though.

Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10

Good but not great. Quite morally ambiguous.

The Last Stand - 4/10

In the past 12 months I've seen some comedies which haven't made me laugh as much as this has. And this was terrible. And totally unintentionally funny in a lot of places. Did I enjoy it? I dunno...

Had an urge to watch The Grey again ever since I first saw it a few weeks ago so put that on again tonight, I think I've got a bigger appreciation for it since I posted my initial thoughts straight after seeing it the first time

Wreck-It Ralph - 8/10

Great film. Managed to really pull at my heart strings a few times. And was rather nostalgic seeing old game characters making appearances. Watched it with the Mrs. She doesn't know much about games but she loved the film and has now garnered a greater interest in them.

Certainly recommended for a night in with the family/partner.

I can't even say that QoS was awful because I honestly can't remember anything that happened except the 'escape the exploding fortress' cliche bit at the end.

LOL that is exactly all I can remember of that movie.

And for those not in the know, Skyfall is the highest grossing movie, at the UK box office, of all time.

I really don't see how it is so popular and doing really well with the critics etc. and gets 5 oscar nominations!?!?!? Yet the dark knight rises hasn't done as well and isn't even nominated for any oscars?!?! :confused: IMO TDKR is a far far far better film for everything.

Perks Of Being A Wallflower 8/10

DAMN good, has a great John Hughes 80's vibe throughout with a dollop of Adventureland and some slight darkness for good measure. Emma Watsons accent annoyed me but other than that a brilliant film.

Really was an excellent film, excellent cast, brilliant acting all around, the accent wasn't perfect but then, nothing stopping her being a Brit whose dad's new marraige meant they moved to the states(I'm going to assume that isn't thr case in the book but, meh), it didn't detract from the film.

Always annoys me, there are actually brilliant younger actors/actresses who can play younger than they are, yet in so many bigger budget films, they go with crap actors to play younger kids. For some reason a lot of the better younger actors end up in films more like this, not bad, means more good films.

Watch so many big budget films that end up flops its quite nice to come across films I hadn't really heard about that restore my faith in films.

Jesus, the budget was $13million, Skyfall cost $200mil and had a cast of seasons actors, and yet for me, Skyfall was a complete waste of money, crap acting(Barden was excellent but most of his role was terrible for the most part) while this film was great start to finish. Yeah, CGI and other crap costs money and Skyfall should have cost more, just makes me laugh the pile of crap they made for $200million.

As for the Honest video reviews, seriously its the "starring....." names they use that are maybe the most consistently funny. Fred from Scooby Doo, Lindsey Lohan for Skyfall, I burst out laughing, Noami Rapeface also had me cracking up.

LOL that is exactly all I can remember of that movie.

And for those not in the know, Skyfall is the highest grossing movie, at the UK box office, of all time.

I really don't see how it is so popular and doing really well with the critics etc. and gets 5 oscar nominations!?!?!? Yet the dark knight rises hasn't done as well and isn't even nominated for any oscars?!?! :confused: IMO TDKR is a far far far better film for everything.

I just looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes and it gets a 92%, I cringe for the stupidity of the general public, it was maybe 2 mins into the film I stated to question wtf was going on as it was just stupid bit after stupid bit, but everyone loved it and quite disturbing was the number of reviews that said this was a throw back to the Bond of 50 years ago? Reviewers to scared to put out a real opinion and be thought of as wrong, people scared to be different and say they thought it sucked, or people actually thought it was akin to original bonds, despite being, you know completely different in every single way.

To be honest, I think TDKR had huge huge problems with it, and neither films are remotely close to oscar worthy in any category that I could think of, beyond least used lead actor in hollywood blockbuster ever?

THe real problem is when crap like Skyfall makes an absolute killing and people either truthfully review it as brilliant, or are too scared to call it a pile of ****, it encourages more films made to be just as utterly awful.

Exit Humanity - 7.5/10

Comic Book-esque Zombie movie set around the time of the American Civil War. Narrated, quite stylish, a little over dramatic but if you like the zombie genre then worth a watch.

Total Recall (2012) - 3.5/10

Meh, rubbish - not a patch on the original. Though even as a film in it's own right it was poor.

Had an urge to watch The Grey again ever since I first saw it a few weeks ago so put that on again tonight, I think I've got a bigger appreciation for it since I posted my initial thoughts straight after seeing it the first time

I did the same on Sunday. Watched it a while ago and wanted to watch again. Without going into detail I know how he feels regarding his wife, I forgot about that bit and cried for half an hour after. Really good film though.

Yeah it's not a bad film, just an enjoyable flick to watch when there's nothing else to watch or when doing other things. It requires no concentration :p

Back
Top Bottom