What film did you watch last night?

Aliens (1986).

A fairly worthy sequel to the first, though some of the cheesy marine conversation reminded me a lot of the meat heads in the game, Haze. :D

6/10.

Films I have watched recently, but not bothered to post in here:

Mallrats - Typical Kevin Smith, I really enjoy his stuff. 7.5/10

3:10 to Yuma - Really good western. Both Christian Bale and Russell Crowe played very good characters in this movie. 8/10

Elite Squad - WATCH IT WATCH IT WATCH IT. 9/10

Marathon Man - Some deeply disturbing dentistry in this old classic. Laurence Olivier is an utter monster in this, Dustin Hoffman a bit of a squealing geek. Great movie. 8/10

Planet Terror - Ridiculous, gratuitous, hilarious. Well worth a watch. 8/10

The Proposition - Sweaty, nasty and quite gritty. Very good too. 8/10

Shutter island - Brilliant flick ruined by a quick googling of something I noticed in the early stages of the film, which meant I accidentally read the main twist upon which the entire movie is based. 8.5/10

Sleepers - Not bad. 7/10

The Assasination of Richard Nixon - Sean Penn is a knob. Seriously, he so over acts everything, the entire movie is a talent showcase and it feels so, so forced. 3/10

Inglourious ******** - Quite possibly my favourite Tarantino movie ever. Properly good set of characters, tangibly evil some of them. All in all thoroughly entertaining. 9/10

Ted - Hilarious in places, and quite enjoyable, but got a bit too much near the end. 6/10

Killing Them Softly

Load of rubbish, some nice cinematography which I can appreciate but everything else sucked. Dialogue in the last scene was the only bit I somewhat enjoyed.

3/10

Looper - 5/10. Generally good all the way through, but it was a bit boring, a bit confusing and also a bit stupid at the end. Without trying to spoil the film - why didn't he just shoot his own hand?

Skyfall - The song makes sense now. The start was ok then I did feel it wasn't very well put together but then I enjoyed the ending, good old classic Bond style finish. 5/10

Back
Top Bottom