What film did you watch last night?

Alien : Resurrection.

I enjoyed the change of direction, and at times some of the darker scenes were quite surreal, which suited me just fine. :D

Probably my second favourite of the series.

7/10.

You rate Alien: Resurrection as roughly equal or close second to Alien and higher than Aliens?

Hey, I'm not trying to say you're not entitled to your opinion or anything. If that's how you found it, then that's how you found it.

I will say that it's borderline clinically insane, however :p

The key is the fade to white at the end. Usually that only happens in a film if the entire reality of the film is somehow in doubt

You shouldn't need to know what a fade to white is supposed to imply in order to infer that. If you have to be told "a fade to white means the events of the film are in doubt" then the film hasn't been well enough told to make it clear that the events are somehow in doubt. You may as well fade to black and flash up some big white text saying "OR DID IT?!?!?!"

I enjoyed the change of direction, and at times some of the darker scenes were quite surreal, which suited me just fine. :D

7/10.

You rate Alien: Resurrection as roughly equal or close second to Alien and higher than Aliens?

Hey, I'm not trying to say you're not entitled to your opinion or anything. If that's how you found it, then that's how you found it.

I will say that it's borderline clinically insane, however :p

Agree with Petey here Arc, you're clinically insane...

Or maybe we're all insane and Arc is actually seeing reality...

Either way my head hurts thinking how you've scored this film above Aliens. Thank you for contributing to my hangover. Bleugh

There is literally no way on God's earth that Alien Resurection is as good as or better than any of the other Alien films. I'll entertain discussion on whether Alien or Aliens is better, but Alien Resurrection isn't in the same league.

7/10.

Would have to agree with everyone else, pretty mad putting this above Aliens. I personally thing Alien is better than the sequel, but they are very different films. Alien 3 and Prometheus were both ok, but Resurrection was the weakest of all of them IMO.

Hangover Part 2, saw it at the cinema on release having not seen the first one and loved it. Watched the original a couple of weeks back and I must say it is better than the sequel. Roll on Hangover Part 3 though!

I've just watched Toy Story with my girls. It's still amazing, nearly 20 years on. I'd not noticed Joss Whedon helped with the screenplay before. The number of licensed toys is incredible, particularly considering how unproven the concept was.

Silver Linings Playbook 9.5/10

The second time I've watched this. I think I maybe gave it 8 or 8.5 the first time but I noticed some more subtle bits in it second time round and some obvious points that I completely missed the first time.

Probably the best film I've seen this last year. Definitely the best second view of a film. Really thought a lot of Jacki Weaver's character second time through.

Back
Top Bottom