What film did you watch last night?

Ted - turned it off half way through, very rare I do that! 1/10
Total Recall (remake) - giving it a 4/10 just for Kate in undies, rest was a bit rubbish, visually pretty, but rubbish
Man on a Ledge - wasn't too bad, better than expected 7/10
Looper - Yes plot holes, but enjoyed it quite a bit 8/10

Been watching a lot of the old 1960/1970s Shintaro Katsu zatoichi films, loving them, 9/10

House At the End Of The Street - 8/10. I'll be honest, I initially only watched it because Jennifer Lawrence was in it and I've really enjoyed her performances in other films, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good movie. I figured there had to be more to it than just your typical "family moves into new home and bad things happen" cliche considering Jennifer Lawrence was in it, and fortunately it was. I wouldn't really say it had any major twists but it did at least offer a different perspective compared to how these films usually go. Great soundtrack too, the music was genuinely interesting instead of the usual crap they use to try and build tension in the typical teen thriller/horror flick.

If you're a JL fan it's a must-watch anyway, but either way I recommend it.

I love thrillers (my fav movie type or suspense types etc ...)
and had been wanting to see this movie - seen it with my wife recently.
Good thriller Id probably give it a 7/10 but def worth watching if you like this type of movie.

I love thrillers (my fav movie type or suspense types etc ...)
and had been wanting to see this movie - seen it with my wife recently.
Good thriller Id probably give it a 7/10 but def worth watching if you like this type of movie.

Got any other good similar recommendations from recently? Been a little 'out' of the movie loop for a while so a lot has passed me by.

Undefeated 7/10 its a bit boring to start with, and you'll want to punch some of the kids in the mouth, but if you liked Friday night lights then you'll end up loving this. its a docufilm about a failing american highschool football team. there is one moment of generosity which really hit home to me.

rotters

Carlito's Way. 7/10.

Pretty good. Plot-wise you could see the ending a mile off, and most of the story twists and turns truth be told.

Also, I think it was on the cusp of Al Pacino turning into the shouty, shouty man that he is today. He certainly gets loud at points!

Back
Top Bottom