What film did you watch last night?

Wreck It Ralph. Was my sons first trip to the cinema and he throughly enjoyed it and as kids films go it was easy to watch and pretty entertaining, a few gaming references thrown in for good measure. 8/10. Though this might go down once I have the disc and have watched it dozen times.

A Good Day To Die Hard. I was a fan of the first three and was sceptical when Live Free came out but ended up liking it so I had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately it's easily the worst film of the series, the dialog was cringe worthy and there wasn't much else to save it 4/10.

The Dark Knight Rises. 6/10.

Having watched the trilogy over the last few weeks, and then watching this one for the 2nd time. I dislike it more than the first time! It really doesn't stand up very well against the rest of them. Only positive things about it are some of the supporting cast (Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman) and the cinematography.

I'd forgotten how much Bane sounds like Deckard Cain too. :D

^^ Giving that a look right now. A few seconds in and I'm already laughing. :D

I have the best memory of it ever... I was off school sick when it came out on VHS, and my dad rented it for me. So I'm lying there on the sofa, basin next to me and a massive bottle of Lucozade. Got to the scene where the steamroller runs over the baseball kid and you get that last wide shot where his head gets run over. I chundered EVERYWHERE. Was awesome.

mrk -- There's another, more literal adaptation of the same Stephen King story. A TV movie called "Trucks". It's a little more graphically bloody, but leagues away from Maximum Overdrive in quality.

Die Another Day - 2/5

This film makes me want to do a Marvin (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film) sigh. Film was ****, so one star. Halle and Rosamund were hot, so get a whole star for themselves. :D

Back
Top Bottom