What film did you watch last night?

Wreck It Ralph.

Not bad!, not up there with the likes of Toy Story (1, 2 or 3) and no where near as good as UP!.

But it's quite funny in places, you do get attached to some of the characters, and the Twist (sort of) near the end is a little bit of a surprise!

8/10 for me! :)

The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10

The Bourne Legacy - 0/10

After watching Ultimatum and rounding off my most recent viewing of the trilogy I decided at 1am to stick Legacy on for the first time while events of the final Damon film were still fresh in my head, wish I'd just gone to bed :(

A cheap cash in in every sense of the word would be the best way to describe Legacy, very little actually ties in with the Damon films, in fact they just refer to events just so they can call this a Bourne film (like I say cheap cash in in every sense of the word). As a standalone film it's still crap as well, Renner's rubbish, Weisz is rubbish, the story's rubbish, the action's fairly rubbish, cant even rate it as there's not one redeeming aspect deserving of even just a point.

Probably the worst film I own :(

Gone Baby Gone - bit of a fan af Mr Affleck and thought that this was a very good directorial debut. It is a good story about child abduction and the effect on the relatives but I think unwound a little towards the end. I have to say that it certainly made Boston look like part of the third world, some of the characters were truly horrible. 3/5

^ It's the same basic story spread over 14 episodes but the TV show only goes upto say about 1/2 way through the film so the TV show does without the "River Tam discovering herself" ending of the film due to it's cancellation but it fleshes out the characters in a way that film couldn't due to time constraints.

^ It's the same basic story spread over 14 episodes but the TV show only goes upto say about 1/2 way through the film so the TV show does without the "River Tam discovering herself" ending of the film due to it's cancellation but it fleshes out the characters in a way that film couldn't due to time constraints.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Serenity is the continuing story from the firefly cancellation, it's not the same story retold, it's the ending the tv show wasn't allowed the time to give...

Sinister

I was looking forward to this based on the reviews , it was good but its not as good as the reviews suggest.
Its like a lot of recent scary movies such as Insidius they start off scary and interesting but as the film goes along the film gets less scary and the story gets a bit predictable.

6.5/10

Looper

what a bore fest this film was , was expecting a lot more but just felt it was a bit slow going , specially once Emily Blunt appeared , too much talking not enough action.

4/10

Last edited:
Skyfall 3/10 - I'm afraid to say it, but this really sucked. Boring movie, not even the action was good. Stupid story/script and characters as well.

I would describe Skyfall as utterly forgettable.
I have no idea how some people are giving this movie 9/10.
The only redeeming part of the movie was the ending. It was Bourne-esque, but not quite as good.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat, if you feel the heat around the corner."

Love this film, especially the shootout. 9/10

Prometheus 7/10 - I found this interesting and enjoyable, despite the dumb decisions of the characters. Plus it was stunning visually.

I watched this again recently for the 3rd time now - I rate it prob 8.8; really enjoyed the film - the whole story and background; visuals etc ... I was a bit put off by some of the choices for characters etc also but I liked the whole plot and the mystery involved. Great ending also.

Back
Top Bottom