What film did you watch last night?

The World is not Enough - 2/5

Terrible film. Only saved from one star because Marceau and Richards are hot. After Goldeneye each film got more stupid and worse. One critic thought this was the best Bond since Living Daylights. Anybody who rates this better than Licence to Kill and Goldeneye, really should lay off the weed. Got to feel sorry for Pierce though, as he did a good job as Bond. Die Another Day up next. Oh joy.

Terrible film. Only saved from one star because Marceau and Richards are hot. After Goldeneye each film got more stupid and worse. One critic thought this was the best Bond since Living Daylights. Anybody who rates this better than Licence to Kill and Goldeneye, really should lay off the weed. Got to feel sorry for Pierce though, as he did a good job as Bond. Die Another Day up next. Oh joy.

Die another day........turn your brain off. Enjoy Berry.

Les Miserable

I have decided not to grade it, as I went with my girlfriend instead of going to see it tonight (for St Valentines Day), so you can deduce, it was not my choice to watch it.

I honestly thought it would never end. Hated every minute of it. Really can't stand musicals, but I can understand why people are rating Hathaways performance quite highly.

Russell Crowe singing? Well, it was nowhere near as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia, so I guess he got away with it.

I'd not go as far as to rate it higher than Goldeneye (which IMO is still to be bettered as a Bond film), or TLD, but i'd choose to watch any of Brosnan's over any of Craigs.

I don't dislike him as Bond, I just don't find his films anywhere near as engaging. I don't quite know why though, I just found myself clockwatching during CR, QoS and Skyfall, although the latter was a small step in the right direction.

Death Proof. 7/10.

Found it much more enjoyable than the other half of the double bill 'Planet Terror'. Kurt Russell was ace, and I liked the ending :)

Last edited:
The Crow

Terrorize the decaying city in which they live. One year to the day after his death (which happens to be Devil's Night), a mystical crow appears at Eric's grave; Eric rises from the dead and, with the bird as his guide, goes on a mission to avenge himself against Top Dollar (Michael Wincott), the leader of the gang who killed him. Star Brandon Lee was killed while filming a scene in which he was shot with a shell from an improperly cleaned gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks. Like his father, martial arts superstar Bruce Lee, Brandon was fated to enjoy his greatest popular success after his premature death.~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide

9/10
An amazing cult classic. I can't even count the number of times I've watched this.

House At the End Of The Street - 8/10. I'll be honest, I initially only watched it because Jennifer Lawrence was in it and I've really enjoyed her performances in other films, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good movie. I figured there had to be more to it than just your typical "family moves into new home and bad things happen" cliche considering Jennifer Lawrence was in it, and fortunately it was. I wouldn't really say it had any major twists but it did at least offer a different perspective compared to how these films usually go. Great soundtrack too, the music was genuinely interesting instead of the usual crap they use to try and build tension in the typical teen thriller/horror flick.

If you're a JL fan it's a must-watch anyway, but either way I recommend it.

Les Miserable

I have decided not to grade it, as I went with my girlfriend instead of going to see it tonight (for St Valentines Day), so you can deduce, it was not my choice to watch it.

I honestly thought it would never end. Hated every minute of it. Really can't stand musicals, but I can understand why people are rating Hathaways performance quite highly.

Russell Crowe singing? Well, it was nowhere near as bad as Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia, so I guess he got away with it.

I loved it, Although I thought hugh Jackman was the star performance for me.
9/10

Flight - 8/10. Excellent movie, one of my favourites.
Also rewatched Shutter Island for about the 5th time - 9.5/10, perhaps my favourite movie of all time. Up there with Shawshank and Platoon.

Back
Top Bottom