What film did you watch last night?

Just watched Sinister. A generous 5/10.
Not scary imo*. Mostly just cheap jump scares.

I won't go into detail as it would be spoiler territory. All I'll say is that I found myself increasingly irritated by the guy's inability to use a light switch...

*And I'm a pansy that got creeped out by Paranormal Activity 1 AND 2 :o

Last edited:
Compliance - Terrible 2/10

It says it's based on a true story but I really don't think 1 person, let alone a group of people can be that stupid.

She knows she didn't bloody steal anything so why is she going along with this rubbish!??

I won't go into detail as it would be spoiler territory. All I'll say is that I found myself increasingly irritated by the guy's inability to use a light switch...

This applies to most scary movies though - I'm fairly sure that if I was alone in a house and I heard a noise in the cellar, I wouldn't sneak down there with a semi-faulty flashlight! :D

Yeah, I know it's just to keep a spooky atmosphere.
It just kills any believability and makes you hope they get horrifically slaughtered :D

*Hear creaky noises/See evidence of intruders*

Baseball bat? Check
Torch? Check.
Turn the lights on? Nah.

Other than that, the cheap, predictable jump scares got incredibly annoying. In fact, there a few moments where I found myself saying out loud 'And cue jump scare' moments before they happened.

The story was ok, though I'm struggling to see why this film is so highly rated.

The Sweeney - Got about half way through and just thought it was terrible. Not much to it, story line was a bit 'meh' and Ray Winstone getting off with someone half his age was a bit cringe worthy!

Back
Top Bottom