What film did you watch last night?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
28 days later. Absolutely enjoyed it. Still pretty good today. Sets up perfectly for weeks next.

The Equaliser - Classic kick ass, protector righter of wrongs movie from Denzel. Probably the best out of the series.

The Equaliser 2 - still good. It doesn't have quite the same snap as the first. Still enjoyed it on Prime.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Freelance 6/10

Reminds me of those action comedies were due to circumstances people of opposite personalities go on an adventure that used to get in the 80/90's. While i don't think the dialogue was as strong or the jokes as funny as it needed to be, I was more surprised it wasn't full of CGI explosions, CGI blood and CGI gunfire (for the most part) and they seem to try to do it with practical effects when possible.

Caporegime
Sound of Metal - 8.5/10

It was a great movie but I kind of wanted it to be something else I think. I wanted some metal drumming lol. Amazing use of sound though and Ahmed was brilliant.

Caporegime
Oppenheimer - 9/10

Yeah, this is a masterpiece of filmmaking.

I watched it at home on a very solid setup and the only criticism I have is the audio. As usual with Nolan's films, some effects are ridiculously loud and then some dialogue is very difficult to hear at the same volume. I had to turn the volume up and down several times throughout, as if I had left it at a level where the quieter dialogue could be easily heard, the loud effects would have had the neighbours knocking on the door.

The delayed explosion sound scared the **** out of me :cry:

I should have watched it at the cinema to be fair but never got round to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm struggling my way through Rebel Moon. For the money spent on it this should have been so much better. Lazy tropes of the genre, little internal consistency, obvious better plot choices overlooked.
Charlie Hunan character betrays the crew and Ed Skrein's character comes to collect. This could easily have been used as a clever way to get the warriors close to the bad guy onboard the battleship and then released to do damage where their lesser numbers is not a disadvantage. Nope dumb trope used instead.

Why spend this kind of money on this low effort nonsense?

Commissario
Sleepaway Camp , classic early 80's horror
Also probably the first and only transgender slasher , was wondering if the final scene would be cut and it was.
probably couldnt get away with calling under age girls baldies now as well , definitely a film of its time.
Was that 1 or 3/4?

I remember watching them all a few years back an posting on the DVDforum/digitalfix forum during the October threads for Halloween where people were trying to watch a film a day.
I got some good recommendations from that thread for horror films, watched some good ones myself, and some that were truly bad, almost horrifically so (and not in the way you want a horror film to be).

Those threads actually got me to seriously give horror a go, especially older and more obscure ones.

Speaking of Horror.

I finally managed to finish Girls Nite out/The Scaremaker the other day (bought in the arrow sale for halloween).

I'd give it a 5/10

It was reasonably fun, interesting seeing some actors in early roles (several went on to become successful, and IIRC at least two became well known VA's, including Janine from the Real Ghostbusters), and there were a few surprises that I didn't expect which is more than many of the slasher/horror films.
As is often the case with Arrow release the extras are really what make them, in this case it was something like 2 commentary tracks and half a dozen or so interviews with the cast/director.

One of the reasons I still buy BD's is specifically because of those sort of extras, where you learn about how they actually made some of these low budget films.

Last edited:
Associate
Saltburn.

It was okay -but one of those films where the people making it think its far cleverer than it actually is.

The reveal at the end was obvious throughout.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom