What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Kitchen (2023) - Did not finish

A boring dystopian inner city drama about an independent community refusing to give up its home.

Not much happens beyond this social commentary premise as the film focuses on a more personal story and whilst the acting and characters were ok, I gave up waiting for something to happen.

The setting is far too clean and civilized for what is supposed to be the poverty line, no other viewpoint is established to determine if they are right or wrong or why society has forced them into this state.

The same last week, somehow managed to get half way, and then chucked in the towel. So boring.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The Kitchen sent me to sleep.... not sure what all the fuss or hype was on about.

The Beekeeper however 100% entertained till the end, I want more of it and down the road make it like Wick so the other Beekeepers go rogue but the twist is Mr Clay has to go after them to restore natural order to the Hive.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Aquaman - whatever the latest one is called - mostly forgettable and not very engaging. The 2 tone colour scheme did not appeal to me. Characters were mostly boring, story uninspired. Action scenes dunked in over the top CGI, which is all too common these days.
Standout was Jason Momoa who plays the character well, and the guy who plays his brother in the film was ok as well. 5.5/10

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Argylle - pretty funny but silly at times Matthew Vaughn movie. It's light hearted, over the top but action packed, very similar in parts to the Kingsman movies. 7/10.

Last edited:
Associate
Uncharted - 5/10

I just can’t see Wahlburg as Sully. Holland was alright as a young Drake. Found myself getting bored through the film.

Last edited:
Soldato
Infinity Pool - I want the time back/10.

Absolutely awful. Possessor was much better, but still average. This, on the other hand, is… just save yourselves.

Soldato
Saltburn. 6/10.
Reasonably good although story has been borrowed from a few films. Seemed to be lots of talk about the shock factor that I didn’t think were that bad, expected worse. A mate of mine said it contained the most shocking scene he has ever seen in a film but not really sure what part he meant. Spotted the end twist a mile off. 10/10 for the soundtrack though. Some wicked tunes I’ve not heard for years.

Man of Honour
The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

I've seen the remake before and while the original is watchable, it does suffer from the age in which it was made when watched with a modem eye.

6/10

The Mission (1986)

Another film that passed me by back when it was originally released. It probably would've been a more impressive film back then, but still good enough to be watched today.

7/10

Caporegime
Haunt 8/10

Very generic title but I thought this film was a really rather good slasher that flew in under the radar. No famous faces or anything here but the directors also did the rather dreadful 65, but they also wrote A Quiet Place. It didn't try to give too many answers which I liked and I thought the atmosphere was very well achieved.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Badland Hunters - Korean post apocalyptic world where people struggle to survive with basic food and water shortages. There is a threat looming where people are disappearing and the heroes are forced into finding and dealing with the problem. Its quite graphic even gory. very violent in certain scenes which may be disturbing to some. Story is pretty simple but some of the effects are pretty realistic. it was not bad, steady but not mindblowing either. It might be a good movie for those that like these ultra violent Korean movies. Overall would rate it 6.5/10,

Last edited:
Soldato
Lethal Weapon 3 - 8/10

Great movie. I do wonder, they know who the guy is from very early in the movie. These days I feel like that would be it. They'd just go get him. Back then, finding him was really this hard?

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom