What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Dune Part Two (2024) - 9/10

A long story of epic proportions that gets better with every installment. It’s a visual treat with superb special effects throughout, from the grandness of the beautiful desert to the harshness and contrast of the Harkonnen style.

The plot covers religious fervor, mature romance and intergalactic conquest with a good balance and the cast of actors are great, truly bringing the story to life.

The musical score intensifies every scene and whilst it could have been paced better, what with a slow-ish start and a seemingly compacted final act, I was entertained throughout.

Permabanned
Old School 9/10 I remember watching this when it came out, still outstanding. Worthy of a 9 possibly a 10/10 just for Will Ferrell's 'Frank The Tank' portrayal!
One of Luke Wilson's best films for sure, the casting is amazing.

Last edited:
Associate
Face off. Not quite sure why but I watched this film a lot when it came out, re-watching it now it's still OK not great :p 6.5/10

Associate
Code 8: Part I swiftly followed by the Part II with the Amell cousins.

About 6/10 tops, neither was terrible per se or reached any great heights.

Soldato
Pearl - 5/10.

I struggled through this as much as the film its set before, X. Just not even sure what it's supposed to be, it's all over the shop. Much like X, there's no tension, nothing really driving it. Mia Goth's the only good thing about it. Genuinely unsure how it was given the go ahead.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was surprised to see part 2 to Code 8. I quite enjoyed the first so I'll check it out. It's low budget but I thought it was entertaining. I actually saw the original short film too.

Man of Honour
Dune (2021)

In preparation for part 2 this Friday we re watched the first film last night.

I think I enjoyed it more the second time around.

Because I had a good understanding of the story I could enjoy the spectacle of it more. It feels epic in the same way Lawrence of Arabia is. Nearly every shot is on a grand scale. The production design is superb and the sound design and score are almost on a par with Inception.

8.5/10

Soldato
I'm about 3/4 the way through Spaceman, and I'm struggling big time...
Was the same, in the end I watched the last section as background noise whilst doing other things.

I'm not sure what the overall message they're trying to bring across, whether its something like "stop reaching for the stars and focus on what you have".
Either way, if you take it as a SyFi film it's very poor.

Back
Top Bottom