What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) - 9/10

Absolutely loved this film and will rewatch shortly. Dicaprio and Pitt are so so good in this and QT’s approach to storytelling is definitely back on form! Cant believe I’ve only just got around to watching it.
Only Pulp Fiction beats this in QTs best films for me.

Civil War - 7/10

Some great scenes but something just felt missing from it.
Watched this last night, and I agree 7/10 seems about right, it was a good movie, just don't go in thinking it's gonna be full of action, one thing that annoyed me and I could be wrong, was the scene with the Apache gunship flying through the centre of I presume Washington firing missiles almost point blank into buildings, I'm not expert but I don't think they operate like that.

Last edited:
Soldato
The first omen 7/10
Horror prequels are usually garbage, but this one really surprised me. It's well written, well acted and well shot. Retains the look and feel of the original. A few really grisly moments :p My main gripe is it's maybe a little on the long side.

Associate
The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. 3/10 if I'm being generous. Started off well and then was just tripe for 2 hours.

The Fall Guy. 6.5. Got to say I was hoping for more. Great leads but and the odd chuckle but spent more time noticing scenes from other films.

Caporegime
Equalizer 3

A rather disappointing end to the trilogy to be honest. I mean it wasn't too bad, but the other two films were much better.

The biggest mistake was changing composer, or at least ditching all the music themes from the last two films. You just dont do that if you want continuity in story telling for a trilogy of films. Gregson Williams' scores for 1 and 2 were brilliant. The score for no.3 was massively forgettable and didn't hold the emotional weight of the others at all.

6/10

Soldato
Equalizer 3

A rather disappointing end to the trilogy to be honest. I mean it wasn't too bad, but the other two films were much better.

The biggest mistake was changing composer, or at least ditching all the music themes from the last two films. You just dont do that if you want continuity in story telling for a trilogy of films. Gregson Williams' scores for 1 and 2 were brilliant. The score for no.3 was massively forgettable and didn't hold the emotional weight of the others at all.

6/10
Have to say, it was my favourite of the three - seemed a fitting end. He found somewhere to settle where he no longer had to be a loner.

Soldato
The first omen

Love some religious horror, liked it better than immaculate, acting was top notch. The main woman was amazing in the range she has.
Predictable but still enjoyable with great practical effects and camera work.

7/10

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
The first Omen, say about 4 from 10, only because I seriously don't know they watched the original trilogy as it doesnt really line up at all with the back story of the original, like a lot of glaringly fundamental things it got wrong lol.

Man of Honour
The Raid (2011)

In an effort to watch more foreign language films, we gave this one a go last night.

I thought it was decent. The plot isn't particularly original but the execution is great, particularly when you consider it was made for just over a million dollars. The fight choreography is excellent, even if a few of the disposable characters over egg their pudding.

It's also quite possibly the loudest film I've had running through my 5.1.2 sound system, at my reference volume. Even louder than Tenet.

6.5/10

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The Raid (2011)

In an effort to watch more foreign language films, we gave this one a go last night.

I thought it was decent. The plot isn't particularly original but the execution is great, particularly when you consider it was made for just over a million dollars. The fight choreography is excellent, even if a few of the disposable characters over egg their pudding.

It's also quite possibly the loudest film I've had running through my 5.1.2 sound system, at my reference volume. Even louder than Tenet.

6.5/10

Now you need to watch Raid 2 now :D.

A few other ones i would recommend if you havent watched before. Some are old Chinese classics

1. IP Man (Donnie Yen)
2. Kung Fu Hustle (Steven Chow)
3. A Chinese Ghost Story (its a bit of a love story in fantasy environment)
3. Police Story (Jackie Chan)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Atlas - 4/10

I don't know how they do it. How they throw so much money at CGI and do a good job with that and then have a cliche ridden, paint by numbers plot that was written by a chimp.

Baffling. Oh and Jennifer Lopez can't act.

Back
Top Bottom