What game did you play last?

Soldato
Finally got round to playing Flamme Rouge, which I got for Christmas. I don't know if it's my current love for cycling causing me to be biased, but I loved it. Perhaps moved into my top 5 games at the moment. A little like a cycling version of Formula D I guess.

Soldato
Jaipur
Nice quick card drafting game where you earn points for cashing in the identical cards. Best of 3 rounds.
Takes about 30 mins to play.

7 Wonders Architects
A much quicker version of 7 Wonders.
Card drafting (from yours or a neighbours deck) and cashing in so you can build your monument in stages.
Only took 20 mins to play between 2 of us.

Associate
Played more Prison Outbreak. A three mission took more like six with caution and many interruptions but we got through it mission 8, I forget the name.

I enjoyed it but I am craving a proper tabletop game after years out of the hobby. I was given the Stargrave rule book for Father's Day and I just finished reading it. Absolutely perfect to hit that spot, reminds me of the sort of games that got me into tabletop miniatures so many years ago.

Also I can do it all on the cheap using miniatures I borrow from other games for now and scenery I cobble together. Time is the enemy, as always.

Soldato
Xia: Legends of a Drift system

Sandbox Rogue like space game. The idea is to earn fame points. You can explore, mine, trade and fight your way there. High production values and great ratings on BGG.
Played 4 games yesterday as we learned the rules. The NPCs worked well and the manual is well written.
Need to add the expansion in as its adds a lot more as well as a 1 or 2 player option.

Soldato
Played Ticket to Ride: Europe yesterday for the first time. Took longer than the suggested time for a game but I think it was becuase no one in our group had played it before. Really enjoyed it once we got into the swing of things and definitely looking forward to playing it again.

We also played Are You a Werewolf but as we only had 7 people the games finished too quickly (in my opinion).
Great game and even better with the 1912 expansion. Adds depots and Big City cards and some new ones to replace the ones from the main box. The depots are fun. On setup players take it in turn to place 3 (iirc) depot tokens on any of cities. When a player draws cards they draw 1 extra and place it separately face down away from your hand of cards. When you or another player connects a depot with a train line, your or they collect all those cards that are face down. You can connect any player depots and collect the cards. Makes for some **** you moments.

Edit: why the hell did I reply to a 7 year old post. Should have took me to the newest post in the thread not to the first bloody page.

Commissario
Had a few games over the weekend.

Played Necromunda, Escher vs Van Saar where I tabled my opponant, but with the result that half my gang were out of action :(
Grenade launchers are good against Ambots:) but I really needed more short range/ap weapons.

Had a game of Gorechosen, first of the 4 to die, but had fun haunting the other three :D

Played Silver Tower, a continuation of a game we started last year, didn't really do that much as we managed to avoid most of the enemies :(

Then had a game of Alien, which was very good fun, Newt tried to run from us but we had her cornered, then we were basically running and gunning to try and get her out as hordes of xenomorphs started to appear.

Soldato
Had a couple of games of Canvas.

Card drafting with transparent cards, put 3 together to create a painting and score points depending on the visible icons.

Fantastic production values and so many different ways to score as there are a lot of different objectives to keep it varied.

The box even has a hole on the back so you can hang it up which is a lovely touch.

Soldato
First play of Hogs of War: The Boardgame

Its clunky. The rules are not overly clear and it takes an age to play.

It is fun though. The Base element is a polyomino placement game, the combat is a simple dice roll, the different phases work well.
You can upgrade units, you can fly planes, drive tanks and the humour is still there.

Not sure I want to play it that often though, it's not really my type of game.

Soldato
Tried Tiny Epic Galaxy, i figured i see wha the fuss was.​
for this week, i'm waiting to run through "spirt island" and "Wrath of Ashardalon" Solo​
I've played Tiny Epic Defendors before at a game cafe wasnt bad.​

Soldato
First Rat
Be the first to get your ratronauts to the moon (which as we all know, is made of cheese).
Nice comic style artwork, resource gathering and an interesting movement mechanic.
You score points in different areas so you do not necessarily need to be the first to get your rats to the end space.

Soldato
Garden Nation

Area control game with resource management (population) but you are dependent on another player deciding which tile you can build on and the turn order. I liked it.
Getting the bonus vp was good for communal projects and not as easy as it seemed.
Looking forward to playing again.

Back
Top Bottom