What have you done to your car today?

drove it and made noises like I was racing because I was bored at the lights

*brumm ba brum brumm brummmm brumm bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bwaahhhhhh ptsshhhhhhhh*

or something to that extent, most likely filling 'er up with diesel as dropping some shopping off at the parents so a night time drive down the country lanes later and probably test out this autoguard black box app thing i bought for my phone. see what the quality is like :) .....should really look into getting a phone mount (maybe a christmas prezzie ;) ) as when I have recorded driving i've just wedged the phone between the dash and windscreen using a anti slip mat as padding to squish xD .....works surprisingly well! not budged once when i've done it (and that involves driving over a mud/dirt track with some pretty big pot holes)

Finally received my new control arms for my E46, got a set of Meyle HD arms and Powerflex purple bushes to go with it - should be fitting them on Sunday hopefully.

Also ordered some Powerflex RTAB's as my rear end is shimmying slightly through bends which is a little disconcerting.

Sold the 330 today :( A guy came down to take a look about an hour ago. We'd already chatted over email and he'd said his limit was £5k; it was up for £5600 and I was willing to take £5k so told him to come down and take a look.

He turned up, didn't even drive it and offered me £5k on the spot.

Probably could have got more for it but I'm perfectly happy with £5k. The guy seemed like he'd take good care of her so I'm glad she's gone to a good new home. Time to start spending some money on the 335..think a wheel refurb is next on the list :)

If that failed on the MOT day i swear cars are just here to test us

MOT is July, so thankfully not. It did fail the day before a funeral though where I was needed to drive a lot of people about, and I had also taken next week off to visit the GF and planned on leaving tomorrow, now it's looking like Monday earliest. Suitable amounts of swearing have been done.

scratch - Sorry to see it go but glad it's gone to a good home and that it didn't take too long to sell :)

MOT is July, so thankfully not. It did fail the day before a funeral though where I was needed to drive a lot of people about, and I had also taken next week off to visit the GF and planned on leaving tomorrow, now it's looking like Monday earliest. Suitable amounts of swearing have been done.

scratch - Sorry to see it go but glad it's gone to a good home and that it didn't take too long to sell :)

Me too buddy. Thankfully the first person to see it bought it and I didn't have to go through the hassle of time wasters and tyre kickers.

Hope you get yours sorted tomorrow. Nothing worse than being car-less :(

Fitted a little mod to the Z4M today, something called a GapTech module. It allows you to just press the roof down/up button rather than hold it for the duration of opening or closing. Just uses 4 scotchloks to splice into the wiring.

Confirmed it has an lsd!

molf.jpg

Is it?

Need to know which gearbox fluid to buy. Owners manual states it has an lsd but apparently its hit and miss whether they do or not.

If it's a turbo you can tell by looking at the transmission code on the vin plate in the frunk, it will say E153 - 735 if yours has an LSD.

Try that with one wheel on the mud and see if you go anywhere fast :p A sensible test would be to jack it and see if both wheels spin the same way, my understanding is that no NA SW20 came with LSD though.

Back
Top Bottom