What have you done to your car today?

My dads laguna required me to find a 7mm allen key that fitted within the smallest possible space ever known to man to get the caliper off.

Any manufacturer that uses allen bolts in high corrosion areas are gits. Who thought in their mind that it was a great idea to use a bolt with a hole in the end that gets filled with crap and corroded leading to a 99% chance of rounding :p. Spend one hour removing a drop link then replace it in 2 minutes!

And if it's on anything to do with brakes you can guarantee they've been done silly silly tight too

The 7mm carrier to caliper bolts are typically only 35nm or so

And if it's on anything to do with brakes you can guarantee they've been done silly silly tight too

This infuriates me, I had to use an impact gun to get a caliper carrier bolt off the front of the e46 when I done a bearing - It wasn't far off the torque of the Hub nut* (Obviously it couldn't possibly have been quite as tight but it felt like it)

Spent the morning moving my Satnav antenna to somewhere where it would get signal as it kept losing signal on cloudy days. Failed to find anywhere under the dash where I got sufficient signal so had to route it out the side and have it on the dash. Probably due to it being a cheap ebay antenna.

Binned the candles someone had fitted in my Zafira's dipped beams and replaced them with OSRAM Nightbreakers, I am now actually able to see more than a couple of feet in front of the car when night driving!

Looking at getting some decent sidelights now as I'm pretty sure the ones currently in there are spare Christmas tree lights.

Got my left bottom arm on and the car feels better already.

Amazing how quickly you can get parts changed once you remove the arse end of a ball joint stuck in the hub.

Will change the other side on Sunday and get some PS3 tyres fitted which should bring it back to how it should feel. Rolling project ftw.

+1, always annoying trying to undo these, can't get a bar in the arch space. Can't get a socket on the top bolts either on e36.

[TW]Fox;25288424 said:
Why PS3's? They are not the tyre PS2 was. Expensive and underperforming compared to the competition.

I drive this so my choices are limited.

1459924_10153498883830424_651186024_n.jpg

I'm going for the PS3 as I believe it has replaced the PE2 which I run on my 195/50/15 size I have all round. 195/55/15 leaves me with the Michelin energy saver which I don't want.

I drive this so my choices are limited.

1459924_10153498883830424_651186024_n.jpg*

I'm going for the PS3 as I believe it has replaced the PE2 which I run on my 195/50/15 size I have all round. 195/55/15 leaves me with the Michelin energy saver which I don't want.

I've had two sets on the front now and I've liked them compared to T1Rs I had before. I could try the Conti PC2 if they are better?

Edit: ^ went full retard

well went to do rear discs and pads, right hand caliper was extremely hard to wind out, left hand caliper was replaced last year so was easy.

On refitting wheels, right hand has minimal braking :(

took it for a quick spin and RH disc has uneven 'shine' where the pad has touched, LH is fine. Yet another new caliper!! That makes 3 this year :(

Today, I have broken it.. well it broke itself! The clip for the wastegate actuator rod seems to have fallen off, causing the wastegate to jam wide open on the turbo housing, it wont budge. Need to get the downpipe off tomorrow and see if it will move!

Nothing, illness and rain is becoming tiresome. Couldn't even buy any bits, trying to buy a side mount rail and 2way diff but Nengun are being a pain and my money has disappeared somewhere into electronic limbo.
Seemingly no shops sell bulbs to go in the dash of a Nissan, and Westway Nissan aren't able to help with anything JDM. Might end up just buying every type of bulb off ebay until I find the right ones to fit.

I'll get some shortly, they're just capless bulbs the same size (bigger than any they have in the local factors) and three differents ratings. 1.4w, 2w and 3w. I have a few that are blackened or blown so ideally just want to replace the whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom