What have you done to your car today?

Rev 5 are supposed to have an lsd, and it does state that in my owners manual but some have found their cars haven't.

Also torsen lsd so means that the wheels dont both spin same way when jacked up?

TorsenII have preload so wont go (fully) open with a wheel up.

I haven't jacked it up and checked it yet, just something I read on imoc.

Surely if I give my VIN to toyota dealer they should give me the correct transmission fluid? You would hope anyway?

5kqt.jpg

:shrug:

Painted brake calipers (black), discovered that the car has had two new rear calipers fitted at some point as they were far less dirty/corroded than the others, fairly pleased as it means I'm not going to have to touch these for longer.

Removed the OEM front strut brace (seeing as it does nothing but add weight, indeed not even the MX5 mk3 race cars bother having one, not to mention it will also block the top mount fitting/damper adjustment knob that comes with the suspension I eventually want to put on the car)

Checked oil and other fluid (the car did an impromptu 5 laps of Donington circuit on Saturday morning, me as passenger and driven by a guy who builds MX5 race cars and also drives them in various race series...the car held up perfectly well, but just wanted to check all was well)

Adjusted AEM intake pipe slightly to remove some of the tension in the hose joiner.

Scratched my head over a problem that has disappeared all by itself - the heater fan had started to make a clicking noise as though something was caught in it, a leaf or similar I expect, as the MX5 has no filter for the cabin air so can take in small debris easily. It drove me mad all day yesterday. But start the car today and its fine, quiet as per normal. The heater motor is easily removable thankfully, but I decided not to fiddle unless the problem comes back.

Replaced the damaged front grill for a brand new ebay sourced item for £27 delivered, bargain

Spent ages stripping the rear interior yet again looking for the source of the boot leak, ended up removing rear light and applying some sealant to the gasket, hopefully that sorts it if not I'm totally miffed

Managed to get one control arm off. The ball joint was just spinning with no sign of the nut coming off so out came the grinder. Need to pop out the driveshaft tomorrow to remove the remnants of the old ball joint.

Nothing is ever simple on old rusty cars.

1450123_10153501108055424_1641894652_n.jpg

One step at a time, manage the milestone of filling up a full tank first :p

Only winding you up - Discs and pads are a good start, just be prepared to drill out the disc screws if need be and you'll be fine.

I hate it! My brakes come off with a 14mm for the slide pins and a 17mm for the carrier. Disc just slides off and off you go.

My dads laguna required me to find a 7mm allen key that fitted within the smallest possible space ever known to man to get the caliper off.

My friends 60 plate astra has a flood in the footwell, another friends 09 plate same shape got the same thing the next day, my car is just a rolling project to keep it safe/legal and another friend bought a classic impreza that decided to dump it's oil on the M8 and wreck the engine.

We're doing well :)

Back
Top Bottom