What have you done to your car today?

Instrument cluster bulbs are normally "286" type wedge bulbs (5mm diameter - can you measure this?) - are they not these?

They're not 501 type 10mm wedge bulbs a la sidelight bulbs are they?

20131114_150510.jpg

20131114_150541.jpg

That kind. I think they are 504 for the 3w ones anyway.

edit - scrub that, pretty sure T7 is the one.

Last edited:
I haven't looked but I just assumed. Last thing I should be doing is assuming with the week I've had.

£105 each isn't that bad I guess. £73 will do me with the Michelin though.

Last edited:
Must have gone up, used to be under 75 in 195/50.

Anyhow, I ordered some bulbs after an awful lot of searching. You know something is rare when you can't even buy it on ebay! Hope they are right.

7 day parts from Japan yo. They found my moneys so anyway I bought the bits. Actually I missed out on the ones I wanted originally but cool parts are so plentiful it was easy to find more, cheap too.

Anyway, Bride TypeRH side mount. Sliding rail for the bucket seat is a luxury I am not accustomed to in the BMW, good stuff.
Original BNR32 LSD, a mild 2 way metal plated unit. I had my finger over the buy button on an ATS Carbon LSD on the premise that it was a proper serious diff which doesn't make all the horrendous noise you get with a metal type LSD. Seemingly though they are just as loud unless you change the oil every 2k miles at most though.

I've just finished replacing the auxiliary water pump on my S4.

It's a fairly common issue for them to leak and mine has been doing so for a while, but over the past month I've been using over 4 pints of coolant a week, so time to get it done!

The pump itself is electric, and on shutdown it circulates water backwards around the system to cool the turbos down. It's hidden deep within the V of the engine, completely covered by the inlet manifold and injection system. Usually all of this has to come off to replace the pump but I've seen a few forum posts about guys having changed them with the manifold in situ. Despite lots of advice against it I tried this method and eventually managed it. I reckon keyhole heart surgery would be easy by comparison :D

Here's the offending article, well past its best. It just fell apart as soon as I disturbed it.

2013-11-16144353-2Medium_zpsc25365e9.jpg

Managed to find some time this afternoon to clean the car (for the first time since buying it) and fit the boot lip spoiler I ordered from eBay last week:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181244177592

The spoiler was £45 painted and delivered and comes with a fitting kit which includes cleaning alcohol, primer and a roll of 3M automotive adhesive tape.

I've always felt that the boot on the E92 just doesn't look right, and the lip spoiler just adds what it needs to look finished. Anyway here are the results:

Before:

42t0.jpg

gngd.jpg

After:

o68a.jpg

v3k5.jpg

zmbx.jpg

I'm really impressed with the paint job and for that price you really can't go wrong :) It only took 10 minutes to fit as well which was a bonus!

The only thing I have realised is how much the car needs a good claying as the paint feels really rough.

Next thing on the list is get it booked in for a full wheel refurb as they're quite badly kerbed. Am seriously considering gunmetal grey but not 100% sure as it will be a very similar colour to the car. Decisions decisions!

What kind of witchcraft is this?? :D

I joined a dual carriageway in 3rd and went up to what he said was 85 which was more like what he had to do to get close and then sat right on my bumper that I could see the Mitsubishi badge but nothing else.

Had a van infront so slowed and went round a roundabout, came off in 2nd to just over 50ish by the next roundabout and still had him glued to me.

Straight through the next roundabout which has a longer straight I put the boot down to the top of 4th, he was a few hundred yards back by that point when he put the blues on.

He asked the limit for that road, I said 50. He asked what speed I was doing to which I replied 70. He explained it as in excess of 95 which must have been how fast he got to as 4th goes further than that.

Was a marked jeep but not traffics so only the two officers opinions so he let me off. Told me to take it as a chance to slow down and be on my way.

Removed my headlight clusters just to fit damn sidelights and fitted my OEM 17" wheels as my tyres are bald on the rear 16's I took off.

Car is on coilovers, they aint half close to smashing my front arches to bits! Picked my time to swap to wider, larger wheels haven't I with snow around the corner?! :D Tempted to buy some cheap 15's with OK tyres and sell the 17's on as I am too stupid to raise my coilovers up for winter :)

Been a busy week in our hours

Mot time on the wife's focus which was preceded by 2 new tyres 2 genuine wishbones and an engine mount along woith a full service has covered a whopping 5k miles in 12 months
I can really see why the wife insisted she needed a diesel :(

Taxi(peugeot partner had its 62500 service at ecosse cruise control retrofitted 4 winters fitted and I done the rear pads when I came home

Expensive week:(

Next up before Xmas will be another service on the pug possibly. Set of front disks/pads depending on how they wear and a timing belt ruddy things only 9 month old

Seems like my brand new driveshaft has snapped :/ literally been on one day, started sounding a bit grindy just as I got home then whoosh, total power loss.

Is this a common driveshaft thing?

Back
Top Bottom