What have you done to your car today?

If you have a Charlies store near you they do some great drying clothes for £3.59 - yellow and just as good as the expensive ones I bought from a car cleaning company.

So good I have them in bathroom for drying down the shower afterwards.

Dave

I love the Kent Extra Large drying Towel, it makes drying the car so so easy. Had mine in the packaging for ages not realising how good it is.

Not keen on noodle mitts myself...much prefer the standard meguiars microfibre wash mitt.

But each to their own.

Autoexpress hate that product, they recommend getting the Kent, one reason why I bought that

Don't believe everything you read. :p

I like the microfibre wash mitts. Last a long time too, just bung them in the washing machine with the drying towels when your finished car cleaning. Easy. :)

I put all my microfiber towels in the wash once, and afterwards, they didn't come up brilliant clean, mum put some stuff in the wash, and erm .. oh dear , It didn't "ruin" her clothes, but they needed to be washed again!

Had a productive day doing a few little bits and pieces:

Sorted out the creaking gear shifter surround / centre console trim. It was the only noise in an otherwise silent interior!

centreconsole.jpg

Then I gave it a wash
01nov-clean1.jpg

01nov-clean2.jpg

Then I replaced the wheel centre caps that had gone all scabby:

Before
centrecap-before.jpg

After
centrecap-after.jpg

Then I replaced the boot badge - they tend to corrode and wear away also. Mine had started:

Before
badge1.jpg

Removed
badge2.jpg

Sticky residue removed
badge3.jpg

After
badge4.jpg

Ford at least had the foresight to put locating lugs on the badge (hence the holes in the badgeless photos above) so you can line it up!

And then I changed all the interior lighting for some (purportedly decent quality) LEDs. The fruits of that particular labour won't become evident until it's dark though.

leds.jpg

MoT at BMW today for the 330Ci, £29.99 and passed with no advisories. Makes me a happy chappy! :)

People who would pay more for an MoT are cray cray.

Just treated the X-Trail to a snowfoam/pressure wash spray down and cleaned the interior glass, and managed to nicely redistribute the mud from the wheel arches across our quiet residential street. That'll please the neighbours :(

Now I have to go and pick up my girlfriend from the stables and fill the arches with fresh mud... :/

And then I changed all the interior lighting for some (purportedly decent quality) LEDs. The fruits of that particular labour won't become evident until it's dark though.

http://www.hcanning.com/mondeo-titxs/leds.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Changed all the interior bulbs in the Golf to LED, so much brighter, especially in the boot and foot wells.

Changed the time on the clock. First time using the car since they changed.

Which kit did you go for? The ones I put in mine are flickering already so looking to replace but not sure what is classed as decent :)

Back
Top Bottom