What have you done to your car today?

Changed the time on the clock. First time using the car since they changed.

Which kit did you go for? The ones I put in mine are flickering already so looking to replace but not sure what is classed as decent :)

I bought them from an eBay seller named 'fizzmouk". They came recommended on various forums and by all accounts they seem higher quality than some of the cheaper tat I've bought in the past :)

I put all my microfiber towels in the wash once, and afterwards, they didn't come up brilliant clean, mum put some stuff in the wash, and erm .. oh dear , It didn't "ruin" her clothes, but they needed to be washed again!

I just ruined my bath mat by putting it in the wash after the wash mit. It's now got massive black stains that won't come out - very glad I didn't decide to wash my clothes instead!

I bought them from an eBay seller named 'fizzmouk". They came recommended on various forums and by all accounts they seem higher quality than some of the cheaper tat I've bought in the past :)

Cool thanks, been wanting to do the same in mine as the existing bulbs are a bit yellow and dim.

Lol would never put dirty car cloths & mitts in the wash with something else. Just stick it in on its own and select mini load.

that's what I did (but probably didn't select mini load, don't think ours does this, its automatic I think)

still don't work properly :p

shame I cant try it again, mum says "don't you ever put those dirty cloths in there again!"

Swapped insurance over...sticking with admiral for now. Funny though, they quote me one price, I say are you sure you can't do any better, puts me on hold for 30 seconds then decides I can have 25% knocked off the price....

Are all car insurance companies like this?

I always haggle with them at renewal time, always seems to work

when I phoned up greenlight, they wanted a screen print of the quote , so I wasn't talking crap

Bought some alloy caps for the Mondeo because someone stole the two from the left side of the car... :/

Howard has recently got new center caps, might be worth asking him if he knows where yours went :p

Edit: Anyone have any experience with the Halfords advanced 200 piece socket sets? It's about time I stopped stealing my Dads tools lol.

Last edited:
This wasn't renewals...just making a change to the policy (changing vehicle). I knew it obviously wouldn't be free to swap insurance to the new car but still.

I had the same issue, they wanted about 250 quid to swap to the car I have now. I said that is completely ridiculous, I can get a new policy for 300 quid.

Off they went and I ended up paying just over £100, they always sting mid term so I was okay with that.

Howard has recently got new center caps, might be worth asking him if he knows where yours went :p

Edit: Anyone have any experience with the Halfords advanced 200 piece socket sets? It's about time I stopped stealing my Dads tools lol.

I have the 150 piece kit and wouldn't be without it now :) It's allowed me to do lots of jobs on the cars and was indispensable when I changed the VANOS oil seals and rocker cover gasket on the 330.

I have both the 150 and 200 piece sets. The 200 piece I bought second hand over 6 years ago when I started out as an apprentice mechanic. It's still going strong and in daily use now, only ever broken torx bits but it's not very often.

What? No I don't. Don't know what you're talking about. Shush.

;)

I have the 150 pc set and it's fantastic. I can't imagine the 200 is worse!

Bought some alloy caps for the Mondeo because someone stole the two from the left side of the car... :/

How on earth did someone manage to steal them? It was a right chore for me to remove mine to replace them!!

Back
Top Bottom