What have you done to your car today?

Out of curiosity which car do you find yourself using more, the Impreza or the CGT? :)

Depends what mood i'm, but both are driven pretty equally. If I'm cruising around town, going for dinner etc. i'll take the GT but if I'm on my own and want a Sunday morning blast i'll take the Scoob. Birds prefer the GT though:p

As for what I've done to the car today, replaced the broken amp with one from a Phaeton for £70:)

A bit of a wrap

Were you at Brands Hatch on Sunday?
I turned into Brands Hatch Road and saw your car parked up with a load of other cars on the path under the M20 bridge. Cheeky! :p

Depends what mood i'm, but both are driven pretty equally. If I'm cruising around town, going for dinner etc. i'll take the GT but if I'm on my own and want a Sunday morning blast i'll take the Scoob. Birds prefer the GT though:p

As for what I've done to the car today, replaced the broken amp with one from a Phaeton for £70:)

I can imagine they do :p

Amp cost sounds reasonable. If you don't mind me asking, how have you found it to run aside from regular servicing? Reading online shows view from "everything is about to go bang and it's impossible to get parts from anywhere other than Bentley" to the "yeah it costs £1k every service but other than that can't complain".

And the verdict?

My Lexus blew a dip bulb so I put in a new bog standard Lucas bulb, it was way better than the other one which was still working so replaced that one too. Perhaps just changing old to new makes a lot of difference? They aren't too much worse than the Xenons in the Silvia now.

And the verdict?

My Lexus blew a dip bulb so I put in a new bog standard Lucas bulb, it was way better than the other one which was still working so replaced that one too. Perhaps just changing old to new makes a lot of difference? They aren't too much worse than the Xenons in the Silvia now.

Jury is out at moment

They are way brighter and whiter than standard bulbs but I was expecting more light further up road - even with lights set as high as they go on dash board adjuster they don't seem to throw light far enough. - on dip this is - main beam seemed to be patchy

Also never noticed any adjusters on light units themselves.

This test was just a quick run up main road so I might have been expecting too much and now wondering if I should have gone for the cheaper +100

Dave

I can imagine they do :p

Amp cost sounds reasonable. If you don't mind me asking, how have you found it to run aside from regular servicing? Reading online shows view from "everything is about to go bang and it's impossible to get parts from anywhere other than Bentley" to the "yeah it costs £1k every service but other than that can't complain".

It's not bad really, it really depends on your expectations. I was already used to 17mpg from my Scooby, so the 10mpg I get from the GT I don't really care about. Servicing you really gotta budget £1k for a minor, £2k for a major. Some parts will need replacing here or there so generally focus on £1.5k for most components inc labour.

Generally speaking (touch wood), they are very reliable cars esp. compared to your Astons etc. Hence why you see so many being used as daily drivers.

[TW]Fox;27148623 said:
Seems fairly poor for a 2 litre manual? Was it motorway?

A mixture really, 75% M1, 10% b roads and 15% a roads + quite a long 50mph section but after that I wasn't exactly driving slowly.

Did see 54mpg at one point but over the whole journey, yeah 52mpg. On the same journey I would get about 56mpg (at a push 60mpg) in the A1.

Are a lot of the parts interchangeable from other VAG cars like that?

I am still umming and arring about getting a CGT. I would much much prefer a GTC but there is no way i can justify that much extra outlay for the convertible top, which is a shame as me being tight stops me getting what i really should get. My SL has to go at some point though and i do fancy something decent to replace it.

10MPG though, gosh :eek: You make my SL and RR V8 look like prius'!

Are a lot of the parts interchangeable from other VAG cars like that?

I am still umming and arring about getting a CGT. I would much much prefer a GTC but there is no way i can justify that much extra outlay for the convertible top, which is a shame as me being tight stops me getting what i really should get. My SL has to go at some point though and i do fancy something decent to replace it.

10MPG though, gosh :eek: You make my SL and RR V8 look like prius'!

I'm not really sure mate, I think certain components might be. But it was only when I got a shot of the amp and noticed the VW logo that I knew the Phaeton one would be ok.

The GTC is nice, but I personally love the shape of the Coupe and I think you should get one. I can't really think of a better car in all honesty, I asked myself what's the best car I could think about buying and apart from getting a Zonda, theres nothing more I could ask for really.

jHhExL5A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom