What have you done to your car today?

Yeah i struggle to think what else i can get, i really like them and even 10 years on from release they still feel very special in the "metal" (personally i am a stickler for OEM so i preferred your wheels when they were silver, but thats personal taste :p)

The only other car which floats my boat at the moment is a CL216, either a 63 or a 600. The 600's are very rare indeed though which pretty much rules them out. Then we get to both mine and my GF's pathetic levels of badge snobbery which makes me think i want something more "special" than yet another Mercedes.

In all likelihood i will just go round and round in circles for a while yet :)

It's not bad really, it really depends on your expectations. I was already used to 17mpg from my Scooby, so the 10mpg I get from the GT I don't really care about. Servicing you really gotta budget £1k for a minor, £2k for a major. Some parts will need replacing here or there so generally focus on £1.5k for most components inc labour.

Generally speaking (touch wood), they are very reliable cars esp. compared to your Astons etc. Hence why you see so many being used as daily drivers.

Sounds very reasonable considering the caliber car tbh, and once you take into account the rather low rate of depreciation then total cost of ownership could actually work out quite cheap...

Started the Skyline

Engine coming out, new clutch etc, all being done. Stickers off and it looks better already. Bodywork is great for it sitting for so long, dent on the front wing and the spoiler needs painting. Once all the main work is done itll go into the bodyshop to get cleaned up

Slow project :) What a car for 1989 though

sdh2lu.jpg

2iqzuqq.jpg

Used a piece of wire to reset the service indictor, which was somehow forgotten on the service...

In other news Mazda have decided to use the DPF light as the service indicator, f you Mazda f you

Got a ducktail spoiler painted and fitted. Pretty impressed with the quality for an aftermarket part (made by Carbonmiata), fit to the bootlid was excellent and it needed minimal cleaning up before primer and paint. It also is designed to cover the two tiny holes for the mazda 'wings' badge that normally fits on the bootlid, without needing to fill them...nice design. Some quick pics taken outside the bodyshop...

fyvPgoW.jpg

utRIMeu.jpg

bFq0vP3.jpg

:cool:

So Audi have finally listed my old A1 for sale on the website. Asking £17850 for it, when I bought the car with a few miles on it for £16850 1 year ago lol!

I guess they are always going to try it on to make a decent profit haha.

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/use...unstone/604713308-40592.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

I am wondering what mine went for now :) Audi brought it back from me when i had it on Autotrader , It was the 62 plate 1.4 S-Line, DSG, NAV, Climate, DRL, Xenon's with less than 4000 miles. I would expect they made at least same as your's :)

Replaced the battery in the civic last night after the existing one really struggled due to me sitting for 5 mins with lights/radio on.

Job jobbed

Back
Top Bottom