What have you done to your car today?

Any more pictures of your dash with the double din fitted? I've often wondered about doing it myself but the ac controls sticking out put me off a bit

Here's a pic - though not the best, was in a car park and it was a little dark :) Had another fascia on before but it didn't fit very well and looked crap. This one is a snug fit and looks better. I'll replace it with a better one in better light if that's too crap for you.

DFofR1dl.jpg

And no I hadn't stopped on a roundabout ;)

Got part of the service done!

I hate plastic clips that hold pollen filters in but the new spark plugs seem to have made a difference. Maybe that's just a placebo as the old ones didn't look too bad.

33Pem07.jpg

Had problems with the under run bar fixings underneath, looks like they slightly changed the bolt layout, 4/8 worked, the other 4 needed drilling of the chassis rails and sleeved so the fixing didn't crush the box section rail.

After a lot of head scratching we just welded it to the chassis rails :).

Here's a pic - though not the best, was in a car park and it was a little dark :) Had another fascia on before but it didn't fit very well and looked crap. This one is a snug fit and looks better. I'll replace it with a better one in better light if that's too crap for you.

DFofR1dl.jpg

And no I hadn't stopped on a roundabout ;)

ha!

No that's good, tbh im not sure I could live with the a/c unit hanging out like that I know you would probably get used to it but it would always niggle me, I've seen one that sat almost flush I think will try and search again

[TW]Fox;27560731 said:
That looks awful with it down so low :(

The best option is to avoid non I drive fitted cars and consider a retrofit or something.

I agree but a retrofit can cost so much more and you will never get it back, then again it looks no worse than e46 placements

Last edited:
matter of taste I guess, there are some e9x units that look like they should be there rather than Phemo's aftermarket double din unit, they look good to me apart from the ill fitting ac unit, personally I think the bmw double scoop dashboard design looks naff

8F8DBB71-EB3E-4D32-9606-0CE165F28C1E_zpsu7vfteyk.jpg

Replaced the stone chipped kidney grille. What a pain that is to replace lol. Easy to get off but clipping it back in on the lever side requires great patience.

And now, about to start work on changing the exhaust tips.

Last edited:
matter of taste I guess, there are some e9x units that look like they should be there rather than Phemo's aftermarket double din unit, they look good to me apart from the ill fitting ac unit, personally I think the bmw double scoop dashboard design looks naff

But you would say that though.

Fitted new Alternator on my MK2 Focus 2.0L Tdci Diesel. No space to work in but saved me over £200. Took me an hour and a half. £139 for a brand new unit off ebay (not reconditioned) Had various quotes up to £400 to supply and fit.

Old one. Burning smell and battery light was constantly on. Drained the battery too. Label was burnt too.
2015-01-31%2011.11.34.jpg

New one in.
2015-01-31%2011.45.08.jpg

2015-01-31%2011.45.21.jpg

2015-01-31%2011.45.31.jpg

2015-01-31%2012.07.15.jpg

2015-01-31%2012.07.30.jpg

Last edited:
I agree but a retrofit can cost so much more and you will never get it back, then again it looks no worse than e46 placements

Not sure that's entirely true. Cars with idrive are ALWAYS more expensive than those without, so you are guaranteed to get at least some of it back.

Last I looked it was around a grand to retrofit idrive. Although I read somewhere this has come down to around £600. But even at a grand, You are bound to get half that back when you sell, just because it's idrive. And it'll likely sell easier. And you get the use of the idrive for the time you have the vehicle.

Rather than that monstrosity above, that will net you back zero extra money, and likely put off potential buyers.

244t89f.jpg

Refitted my old HID kit with some new bulbs, had some £1.50 halogens in 'temporarily' for almost a year... be nice being able to see again at night! Matches LED sidelights nicely too, 50/50 shot above.

Projectors as standard, before anyone mentions anything...

Bad laquer peel :( bonnet very rusty underneath though, so no point getting it resprayed. Every few months I blast off loose laquer, polish it up, and quick spray of laquer again. Bit cold for that atm though! Hoping to get a decent replacement bonnet soon.

Also did a direct battery feed to fuel pump a few days ago, relay switched by standard wiring. Standard wiring a bit thin, can cause issues at higher rpm with increased power. Mine's been ok at 300ish, but needed doing before I go for more power. Although having had battery off and boost being reset, it seems to be running better so don't feel the need for more power yet :p Spinning up in 2nd in the wet atm, cold greasy roads not good...Dropping TC from 15% slip to 10% has helped a bit, out for a drive tomorrow so will see how things go. 0% gets rather noisy from previous tries (Racelogic system)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom