What have you done to your car today?

Treated her to some supreme unleaded, would have opted for some 99 but there was 9 miles left in the tank and this was the closest garage. Didn't want to try pushing her alone...

[TW]Fox;27560731 said:
That looks awful with it down so low :(

The best option is to avoid non I drive fitted cars and consider a retrofit or something.

Yep. I'm just used to it now so I don't really think anything of it anymore. The fact it was down low never bothered me so much but because of how the fascia is it's angled down ever so slightly which is a bit irritating. When it's time to change car I won't be faffing around replacing the HU or anything, I'll just make sure it's got what I need and want as standard.

Otherwise though I'm more than happy with the car in general. I do a lot of motorway miles (around 40k a year at present) so a 320d ED was perfect for me as I can quite easily break 750-800+ miles out of a tank with sensible driving. Had it since the end of June and put 22k on it already with no hassle at all so far. Unfortunately at the time I needed a car in a hurry and finding a 320d ED in my price range with iDrive etc just wasn't happening. I guess since the ED range is pretty much designed to be a company car that most companies cheaped out on the spec for the most part.

Next time though, hopefully my mileage circumstances will have changed so I don't need to care and can get a beefier engine and more spec :)

Sold the 300zx the other day, weird not having it around any more after 14 years. A good friend has it now though and he will take good care of it and actually get a bit of use out of it.
Anyway now I have some room to work on the Silvia which is great. Fixed the dodgy turbo problems, put a new oil feed line on with restrictor, found the drain hose was a bit kinked so fixed that, and the first compressor->hot pipe hose was split so fixed that. No more smoke signals or peculiar noise, excellent.

The front main seal leak was leaking as has been ever since I put this engine in, since I parked it for the winter it has become a lot worse though. Left a puddle on the floor after idling for 10 minutes. I bought the seal months ago but couldn't be arsed fitting it, done that today.
10608812_895517416585_934823890_n.jpg

Yeah, definitely a problem here!

10961868_895520265875_663488539_n.jpg

That's a bit better, brake cleaner disappears quick when using it for cleaning this sludge. Hopefully that has stemmed the leak, too noisy to run it up on a Sunday evening will wait until Wednesday now.

Had the comically bad front tyres on the 182 changed, previous owner fitted some AutoGrip nonsense prior to selling it. Utterly terrible pieces of rubber. Picked up a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's from TyreLeader for £138. Never used them before but very impressed. On the plus the old stuff is like new so stuck them on Gumtree for a chav to buy.

Although technically I haven't done it, I've been eyeing up a number-plate the past few weeks. Today a DVLA envelope has come through my letterbox and I've been put under strict instruction to not open the letter under any circumstances until my birthday on Sunday, and just checked the DVLA site and the plate is no longer available. Interesting....

Although technically I haven't done it, I've been eyeing up a number-plate the past few weeks. Today a DVLA envelope has come through my letterbox and I've been put under strict instruction to not open the letter under any circumstances until my birthday on Sunday, and just checked the DVLA site and the plate is no longer available. Interesting....

cant open it until your birthday ?

how strange

Took out the passenger seat, carpet and all the underlay/sound deadening stuff to try and dry out that side of the cabin after a foliage seal failed. The car's not used every day and we've had a fair bit of rain recently :/

Underlays and carpets draped over various radiators in the house and I'll put a dehumidifier in the cabin and run it all day tomorrow.

Typically this happens in winter. If it had been in summer, one day with the windows open would dry it straight out!

Drove it. A lot.

Went to look at an E46 M3 for a mate of mine, car was over in Suffolk so it was a good old 350ish mile round trip to have a look and bring it back. Most of it was A roads but the roads closer to the sellers house were beautiful so managed to have a little bit of fun. Journey there took about 5 hours due to traffic and roadworks, and a little less on the way back, but we did have a few A road blasts as the roads were near enough empty.

I think a stonechip hit my fog light as I got back in Birmingham and discovered it was smashed.

Back
Top Bottom