What have you done to your car today?

Wanted something low monlthy payments. It was 0% too so I don't see it being a problem.

It's a problem because you'll still owe money on it when it's a 12-13 year old car with little value, likely more than the value of the car. This means you can't exit the agreement by simply selling the car.

It'll be 0% because they inflate the cost of the car in the first place to fund the 0% finance.

[TW]Fox;27665386 said:
It's a problem because you'll still owe money on it when it's a 12-13 year old car with little value, likely more than the value of the car. This means you can't exit the agreement by simply selling the car.

It'll be 0% because they inflate the cost of the car in the first place to fund the 0% finance.

You may say that, but its a "dune" model, and they seem to hold there value really well. It will still be worth 2-3K.

I can see where you are coming from, but considering its a rare model and hold their value well, then in my eyes, it's not that bad.

Yeah I know they would have put their profit on top of the car, but when I searched round, the car still seemed well priced.

You may say that, but its a "dune" model, and they seem to hold there value really well. It will still be worth 2-3K.

I can see where you are coming from, but considering its a rare model and hold their value well, then in my eyes, it's not that bad.

Yeah I know they would have put their profit on top of the car, but when I searched round, the car still seemed well priced.

Fair enough that the Mk4 wasn't the best of the bunch, but 13 year old turbo Golf GTIs are just about worth 2k, I think expecting a 1.4TDI Polo Dune (whatever that is) to be worth 2 to 3k by the same age is a bit optimistic.

Those on FB would have seen this, but after doing relatively nothing to my cars for about a year, today I finally finished their new home. It's cavity walled, with it's own consumer unit, with remote electric roller shutters.
Time to bring the Evo over I guess!

Lost a bit of it due to madam's mini crossfit gym, but I can fit both cars in there with plenty of space to spare. Lots of storage space in the roof too with the flooring that has been put down.

Some before and afters:

As we received it when we completed in September
garage1.jpg

A mess with crap left by previous owner
garage2.jpg

After a clean out. It was actually half full with a pile of fire wood when we viewed it in March.
garage3.jpg

After - too many weekends of painting, and fitting of a loft ladder after the previous owner trashed his original loft ladder by driving into it.
garage4.JPG

garage5.JPG

garage6.JPG

Last edited:
Just spent an hour upside down in the footwell chasing wiring around for the Cobra alarm.

Found the immobliser module, found the relevant wiring then decided its too cold to continue removing it so quickly threw things back together and went back inside.

Back
Top Bottom