What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Got a bottle of that clean, shine and protect in one stuff for christmas. I was intrigued because of the high carnauba wax content so I gave it a punt. Didn't trust it on a dirty car so I got it 90% clean with snow foam and pressure wash first.

I must admit I was quite impressed with the result.

Soldato
Picked up a nail in 1 of the 4 brand new kumho tyres I got fitted last week. Right next to the side wall too :/

That happened to us last year, all the council tenants in the street were getting new kitchen & bathrooms, workmen used the road as a workshop. Two screws into our brand new PC2s!

Today's job was changing the pollen filter, a 10 minute job I've put off since we got the car. We now have airflow through the windscreen vents!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23456238 said:
You seem suprised? I regularly manage that on Motorway trips (Most of which are on the same stretch as Housey did it on, obviously).

Yeah, but my motorway mileage has really reduced in the last year.

The closest I have got to that would have been a few miles on the M1 up to the booths on the M6 toll road but late at night.

Thinking about it, the reason I have found using cruise control for a long period of time being impossible is that there always seemed to be road works every few miles on the M1 and M6

Once you were past the tolls heading north on the M6, there were road works for years widening various parts

Man of Honour
You have to drive differently in that you need to balance your pace better but it's easy enough to do in roadworks too. Only stop start traffic makes it problematic or where you have very bad weather such as the massive virtually instant downpour that forced me to turn it off yesterday.

Soldato
You have to drive differently in that you need to balance your pace better but it's easy enough to do in roadworks too. Only stop start traffic makes it problematic or where you have very bad weather such as the massive virtually instant downpour that forced me to turn it off yesterday.
You can get away with using cruise driving fairly quickly - in the E60 (and I presume F10), if you drop the speed to a level much lower than you are currently travelling (i.e. set it to 30 when going 70) the car will put a pretty serious amount of brake on!

RJC

RJC

Don
Cleaned my and mums car - Only outside though, try do the inside at the weekend.

Did manage put a scratch on my door earlier, the gate catch hit it!!

Soldato
Had to jump start the evo today(lights left on last week...) took it for its last little spin, then cleaned both cars(just in time for it to **** down).
Prepped the Evo for coming off the road, then it got put away into hibernation:(
also put new mats in the civic, old ones were a little tatty.

Soldato
Absolutely **** myself when the car popped a boost hose due to a failed clip leaving me with a nasty noise and no power where there should be some boost. Discovered said clip was the source of the problem (broke right at the start of the ladder which ive never seen) bodged a temporary solution out of two smaller jubilees then went to buy a replacement. Going to replace both on the intercooler hose before going back to work next week to be safe but not looking forward to it as its freezing and wet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom