What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Tried to get the throttle body off to clean it. But the electrical connector which I'm guessing is for the MAF Sensor is being a pain in the arse, and is refusing to come off.

Round two tomorrow....

I doubt the MAF sensor is part of the throttle body, they are normally on the exit from the airbox. Probably either the TPS or even part of the control system for an electronic throttle.

Soldato
My morning is going great.

BF2AA9EA-B3DE-4936-A5B2-1461279863D6-533-00000073984A704E_zps17f28157.jpg

Soldato
Ordered 4 new CSC3 tyres.

3 are coming to the end of there life and 1 has a few k miles in it. Thought it would be best to get all 4 done.

Having to wait till Monday for the tyres to be delivered though which means i will be in the Gaymobile Monday for work *cringe* :(

Soldato
OP
Grrr! :mad:

Just done a tyre check and I'm looking at 3x new tyres (going to do all 4 anyway) in the next month - about 3mm of tread left.

Thinking of Nankang NS2, anything else decent but cheap in the 205/45/17 size?

Looking at £55 a corner fitted or £46 a corner from Camskill.

Soldato

Just done a tyre check and I'm looking at 3x new tyres (going to do all 4 anyway) in the next month - about 3mm of tread left.

I have these on my ageing 307....pretty good budget tyres mate.

They have been on the car for 4 years and still have 5-6 mm left on them.

Edit..... they are 205/50/17

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Errr, so you now have a sunroof switch, but no sunroof? And a telephone mic, with no telephone (i assume thats what the dotted areas are)?

Soldato
It has been ruined by a previous monkey. Cables cut at diff lengths, twisted together and taped. Some had rf shielding which was actually shorting some connections. Due to the butchery ive no idea which set of cables is for which bank.

Associate
I doubt the MAF sensor is part of the throttle body, they are normally on the exit from the airbox. Probably either the TPS or even part of the control system for an electronic throttle.

Yes, it was the TPS.

Anyway, I got it off the following morning. Cleaned the TB out, and the cleaned the air intake into the engine as that was filthy too. Now runs smoother and the response is a lot better. Sparks plugs aren't sooting up either now and a firing normally.

Associate

Are you just taking the **** now? First the illegal chav lights (all HID's are illegal unless type approved) now budget ditch finders :).

I've used Nankang NS2's on a £200 Volvo 940 that needed new tyres and for the £30 they cost at the time they were actually ok and coped fine with the 155bhp it put through the rear wheels. The wear rate was high though and I doubt I would have got much more than 10k out of them.

Soldato
OMGGG

New lambdas on. Exhaust instantly smells normal at idle and when warm.

Throttle pedal feels practically linear now. Only had a quick test drive but it light up the rears in second in a straight line which it has never done before in the dry

Back
Top Bottom