Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
I might just take a tour around Newquay in the next couple of weeks like a carrot on a stick!

I've heard replacing the extremely restrictive airbox with a cone and getting a larger flexi pipe can free up as much as 10bhp and give you better MPG>

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I've heard replacing the extremely restrictive airbox with a cone and getting a larger flexi pipe can free up as much as 10bhp and give you better MPG>

i have heard this too.
the air box is similar to the design used on the 1.4 ghia my mum drives. so i would say that it isnt exactly optimised for a 2.0 engine.

i will be ordering my mountune cais soon so will do a comparison when i get it :)

Soldato
OP
A good quality induction kit is a must!

I got my K&N 57i kit and cold feeds for a steal (£65) in a group buy over at fordfiestast forums.

You get so much better acceleration response with a kit on aswell and it sound awesome.

Soldato
the air box is similar to the design used on the 1.4 ghia my mum drives. so i would say that it isnt exactly optimised for a 2.0 engine.

It shares a similar design but have you seen the addition the ST box has? If you look at the end of the pipe with the cold air feed it has this little resonator that come off and drops down by the front radiator. Very strange.

I'm just worried about my insurance going up considerably if i get the Mountune CAIS. Will ring up during the week and see.

Also, regarding a larger flexi pipe. Why are they so expensive for what is essentially a standard flexi pipe?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
oh dear! just spent some money...

mountune CAIS
dmb custom badges [mine are really tatty]
front grille st badge [thanks Rybo89]
new jacking point covers

got the covers primed, currently searching around for a body shop to sort out some scratches so i will get them to colour match the jacking point covers whilst they are at it.

heres a question.
has anyone removed their stripes on their car?

Soldato
Haha! Get some pics up when it arrives and if it's worth the cost! :D

I love DMB Graphics. Replaced all my badges with black on white ones. The 65mm wheel ones are awesome in a different colour, got them to match my black callipers.

I asked the dealership i was buying from to remove the OTT stripes and i removed the side stripes with no problems at all. :)

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
It shares a similar design but have you seen the addition the ST box has?

If you look at the end of the pipe with the cold air feed it has this little resonator that come off and drops down by the front radiator. Very strange.

I'm just worried about my insurance going up considerably if i get the Mountune CAIS. Will ring up during the week and see.

yeah, its not exactly the same but the dimentions are pretty much identical.
give your insurance a call Logsi, you will probably be surprised.
I am with LV and there is no addition to my premium which is what has made me get one.

i will do a bit of a review of it. probably run my car for a fortnight on the standard box to get a nice mix of driving
then run it for another fortnight on the mountune cais and see how it fares.

i wasnt aware you can get them for your wheels. just had the front/back and steering wheel pack as i had £15 kicking around in paypal :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
My CAIS cost me nothing extra on the insurance :)

Easy enough to remove the standard stripes, just heat them up slightly and peal off :)

im guessing that a hairdryer would sort it out.
what is the chances that the pait would be a different colour where the stripes have been. would prefer the stripes on and it not looking silly tbh.

Soldato
Thats one thing which is putting me off considering a car with stripes :( I'm not too bothered about side stripes, they're not very offensive but the big slug trails over the top look stupid.

I'm a bit worried that if I find a minter with top stripes and peel them off it ruins the lacquer or it ends up being a different colour no matter what I do, so thinking I should discount them in my search? :(

Soldato
I've heard a fair few stories of people removing stripes without any ill effects to the paint. Personally I just discounted ones with stripes though and found a good one without them, there's enough around so it shouldn't be too hard to find, and saves you the hassle of removing them.

Soldato
OP
I removed my stripes with a hair dryer and got the residue off with some petrol and elbow grease. Then obviously triple wax shampoo'ed the car and then t-cut then some colour restorer wax and every thing went ok.

Also you will be totally fine with blue, silver cars. I have the worst fading colour and managed to sort the stripe fade.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only issue I had removing mine was that it appears my passenger side rear quarter had been re-sprayed at some point as the fools had just lacquered over the stripes, which meant that even with them removed, the outline of the stripe and 'ST' is still slightly visible on the paint work.

Soldato
oh dear! just spent some money...

mountune CAIS
dmb custom badges [mine are really tatty]
front grille st badge [thanks Rybo89]
new jacking point covers

got the covers primed, currently searching around for a body shop to sort out some scratches so i will get them to colour match the jacking point covers whilst they are at it.

heres a question.
has anyone removed their stripes on their car?

Glad to see you finally went with the CAIS :)

I'm toying with the idea of taking my passenger fog light out (I never used them anyway!) and using that as a cold air feed for the CAIS. Mine won't fit to the front lower grill correctly due to some of the clips being cut off to clear the old intercooler :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Side stripes are quite nice, especially on silver/white ones, definitely don't like the full top stripes though.

Time to give her a wash I think!

Back
Top Bottom