Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
OP
Doo it, brilliant little cars :)

I already have a ST, a red one. Just saying a want a white ST now :p

Anyway, new sticker:

2011-07-13132720.jpg

Got a spare one of these stickers aswell :)

Soldato
OP
rjkoneill, It looks better in my opinion. But i prefer different. Took me a while to get use to mine but i love my new badges now.

Think you need a new badge though, as i can guess that you do a lot of motorway mileage like me, so suffer with bad stone chips :(

ST badge looking smart ;)
______

Hopefully we have a bit of sun tomorrow as i have the day off. So once i have gone to see little one at his sports day i should be able to go home and spend a bit of time on the car. Cleaning the throttle body is what im wanting to get round to the most.

Remember guys to clean your throttle body every so often. Especially if you are experiencing any juddering when idle.

Soldato
OP
Well took out the throttle body and gave it a good clean today.

Was completely black, full of oil and muck ect. But looking new again :)

2011-07-14140521.jpg

2011-07-14140543.jpg

2011-07-14140951.jpg

Was going to give the engine bay a good clean, but mrs told me that it will be throwing it down soon supposedly... So will leave that till anther day.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
This is not suspicious in anyway.

Its not?

Guessing its just some random person who as just put there car up for sale and typed Fiesta ST into google and posted it everywhere possible.

I would prob do same if i was in a rush to sell.

Seems a reasonable price for someone looking for a black ST with good mileage. Just sell the awful alloys and get some proper ST ones, if anyone does decide to buy it.

Soldato
OP
Rybo89 - I see that you have a cold air feed. Where have you situated that?

They was both pretty easy to fit. I left the air resonator brackets in place and just ripped out the resonator box. So then i had something to wrap the tie wraps around to keep the cold feeds nicely in place.

Also pierced holes on the end of the cold feeds so i could tie wrap them to the lower grill, just under the radiator.:

2011-07-07091809-1.jpg

They work really well there aswell.

Will get some better pictures later of it.

Soldato
OP
One thing that puts me off just getting a 57i is how ugly it looks in the engine bay. I think i'd probably get the mountune CAIS and even leave the standard airbox in situ above the engine block.

It is still a must! Opens the engine up so much better, better acceleration, better response, O and sounds awesome.

Im not a fan of silly exhausts what make silly sounds but the K&N 57i makes a brilliant noise :)

Soldato
OP
What effect did the 57i have on your insurance? Depending on Rich's review of the Mountune CAIS i may get one of those. When i had a 57i on my old zetec for a bit it was nice that it wasn't loud all the time and only when you were feeling a bit spirited!

How are you finding the car since cleaning your throttle body?

Had no effect on my insurance. Yeah the K&N 57i kit is brilliant, very quiet, well unless you are putting foot down and going over 3500 revs.

I cannot really comment on the Throttle body yet mate as i have to run it in for about 150-200 miles before the ECU adjusts to it.

Soldato
OP
Nothing is different just the brand name is. Its not mongoose either. Im not saying its going to be better or works any differently either. Just saying that the part is a lot cheaper than a milltek and mongoose and might become popular which I dont want to happen.

Very odd that lol.

I would rather have Milltek over anything, at the fact it is a well know popular reliable company.

Soldato
OP
I dont want a Milltek cause they cost more. I dont see the point in paying more for something, when something else is going to do exactly the same thing. Afterall its only a pipe. It doesnt matter what brand it is as long as it doesnt break.

That is like saying "I'll go for this cheap unbranded spanner over a Snap-On spanner, because after all they are just a bit of metal and do the same..."

They don't.......

People pay a higher premium at the fact they are buying from a well known brand/manufacturer what has a lot of experience, especially with Ford.

I am not moaning at you, i just cannot see where you are coming from at all.

Soldato
OP
Well i ordered a alloy wheel repair kit the other day and it has just arrived this morning. So just been doing a bit of reading on DIY tutorials and they all say it takes 8-10 hours +24 hour wait to do each alloy lol.

Bugger that....

Soldato
OP
****ing stupid b****** w*** firefox!

Just made a big post but firefox decided to mess up.... can't be arsed to write it all again.

Car is booked in next Wednesday for fat stripes to be fitted.

Half way through buying 2 very good condition alloys, which will save me from messing about with the 2 alloys i have got what need a refurb.

Alloys will be going white. Not sure what white yet, gloss,satin, matt ect

And i think a lip might be on order as i have buggered up the splitter thing on the ST the other day on a high curb whilst parking.

Soldato
OP
Sure you want to go red/white and not red/black? :p

That was the original idea, but i have seen a lad driving about in a red and black so it has put me off.

My plans for next few months:

Fat stripes (next wednesday)
2 new alloys which i am now getting
Powder coat the alloys white
Colorado red Kaylan mudflaps with white ST logo on all
Lowering springs
New tyres all around
and possibly spaces for the back wheels

Back
Top Bottom