Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Guess why it looks good, you've only posted pictures of the front!! It's still not as nice as the mk7 although I can't put my finger on why. The ST wheels are way too shouty though.

Even so, the current ST is still a bit tame from behind unless it's got some spacers and some lows! Always thought the rear of mine looked like any other Fiesta from a distance...tried to make it look better with some stick on tat like rear spats, diffuser fins, 20mm spacers, lowering springs...still want a Maxton spoiler extension...

Gjc07ll.jpg

Soldato
Even so, the current ST is still a bit tame from behind unless it's got some spacers and some lows! Always thought the rear of mine looked like any other Fiesta from a distance...tried to make it look better with some stick on tat like rear spats, diffuser fins, 20mm spacers, lowering springs...still want a Maxton spoiler extension...
I agree it was far from a lairy looking car from the back but if that's what you wanted you wouldn't be buying a Fiesta anyway. Especially with the ST-Line it did blend in to the crowd a little bit :(

I'd be all for making it stand out a bit more on the new one but the back of the new Fiesta is just a total let down all round.

Soldato
Sorry to drag the conversation back to the mk6 but chuffed I found this thread

I am on.the cusp of changing job, currently have an insignia ecoflex but do 130 mile round trip commute a dayi, I wll lose this car when I leave and new job is car allowance based but commute will drop to 50 round trip a day + some biz trips to customers

I really want something small and fun, and I really like the older ST's, question I have is what are they like real world on fuel and dealing with motorway cruising. Ideally I want something around 40mpg on run.....fingers truly crossed

Any help genuinely appreciated as found a few nice ones and I'm currently debating whether they are a realistic option to go and look at based on above

Soldato
Sorry to drag the conversation back to the mk6 but chuffed I found this thread

I am on.the cusp of changing job, currently have an insignia ecoflex but do 130 mile round trip commute a dayi, I wll lose this car when I leave and new job is car allowance based but commute will drop to 50 round trip a day + some biz trips to customers

I really want something small and fun, and I really like the older ST's, question I have is what are they like real world on fuel and dealing with motorway cruising. Ideally I want something around 40mpg on run.....fingers truly crossed

Any help genuinely appreciated as found a few nice ones and I'm currently debating whether they are a realistic option to go and look at based on above

My average MPG on my MK6 was 32-33mpg. This was admittedly B road in Cornwall. If you were doing a lot of dual carriageway roads then I'd say it may be attainable. They're also 5 gears and it's crying out for a 6th.

I do have a soft spot for the MK6 and still miss mine now even with having a MK7.

pb6oV04.jpg

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Would I be mad to consider a 2017 5-door ST given the new one is around the corner?

My logic is that residuals would be pretty decent considering the Mk7 5dr ST wasn't on sale for long.

Soldato
Would I be mad to consider a 2017 5-door ST given the new one is around the corner?

My logic is that residuals would be pretty decent considering the Mk7 5dr ST wasn't on sale for long.

I think it's highly dependant on what you're paying for it. I wouldn't be paying more than 15-16k right now if it was me.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I think it's highly dependant on what you're paying for it. I wouldn't be paying more than 15-16k right now if it was me.
I'm not in the UK, and usually the UK is much cheaper, but for some reason 2017 5drs with 10-20,000 miles are going for around €16-18,000. However, there only to appear to be 15 for sale in all of Europe, compared to hundreds of 3dr STs.

Soldato
Went past my local Ford dealer before and seen the new Fiesta B&O edition in that horrible pastel green colour which is basically a poverty spec model with a Bang and Olufsen sound system stuck in. £215 per month on Fords 3 year merry go round leasing system :eek:
I had the option to get the previous mk7 Fiesta ST3 top spec for £189 down and £189 per month about 6 months ago which is basically worth about 10k more when new.
Can’t believe how expensive the new Fiesta is compared to the mk7 and it doesn’t even seem like your getting any more car for your money other than a pathetic 5 inch tablet stuck on the dash

Soldato
What did everything think when the MK7 was first out? I remember a figure of 12-13k for a new MK6 ST back in the day and the MK7 starting at 16k RRP for a ST-1.

Soldato
What did everything think when the MK7 was first out? I remember a figure of 12-13k for a new MK6 ST back in the day and the MK7 starting at 16k RRP for a ST-1.

The mk7 was a massive improvement over the mk6 though. It was much quicker and just a higher end car all round. The mk8 doesn't have all that much over the mk7 to justify the price increase.

Last edited:
Soldato
The mk7 was a massive improvement over the mk6 though. It was much quicker and just a higher end car all round. The mk8 doesn't have all that much over the mk7 to justify the price increase.

The doors don't sound like tin cans when you shut them though...that's worth a lot! :p

Soldato
It's not what was recommended because I actually thought about one. I got mine second hand though so for the money it's a hell of a lot of car.
Fair enough.

Although I'm biased, I think if I had Fiesta ST money and didn't need practicality I'd still be straight in a MX5.

I actually paid low end ST money for mine, so I suppose I did!

Back
Top Bottom