Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
OP
Spotted my old red Fiesta ST outside Chesterfield college earlier so it's managed to find its way back into chesterfield. Thought it would be dead by now tbh given it was on 100k when I sold it.

Soldato
Is anyone able to give me a glass's trade price for a 2.25 year old (2015) Fiesta ST3, 12,000 miles. If it matters, it is black and the only option is the light up door sills (no parking sensors).

Thanks.

Soldato
Is anyone able to give me a glass's trade price for a 2.25 year old (2015) Fiesta ST3, 12,000 miles. If it matters, it is black and the only option is the light up door sills (no parking sensors).

Thanks.

This morning I did an online valuation of my 2015 st3 with parking sensors, it came in at £9500
I'm guessing that is trade price

Dunno if that helps heh

Soldato
I'm tempted with a cheap ish Mk6 just for something to hoon around in at weekends, how good is the handling bone stock? I see some folk drop to 16s, which is something I'd be interested in.

I'd possibly only be interested in tyres and cheap/simple brake upgrade, my years of spending loads modifying cars are long gone, plus I'm too old for a crashy lowered ride and droney exhausts.

Soldato
I'm tempted with a cheap ish Mk6 just for something to hoon around in at weekends, how good is the handling bone stock? I see some folk drop to 16s, which is something I'd be interested in.

I'd possibly only be interested in tyres and cheap/simple brake upgrade, my years of spending loads modifying cars are long gone, plus I'm too old for a crashy lowered ride and droney exhausts.

I would drive one first, they dont really do “hooning”.

You can drive them quickly for sure, but they arent a hooligan tool by any stretch they are too civalised.

“Have i actially driven one?”

Yes, my Orange ST3.

Soldato
It has amazing grip if you put the right tires on it. Even on wet roads mine is an absolute blast.

My brother drove it for a while and he was amazed by how it handled, as a mechanic who drives all sorts of vehicles from trucks to Jag F types I take it as a huge compliment to the car.

Soldato
This morning I did an online valuation of my 2015 st3 with parking sensors, it came in at £9500
I'm guessing that is trade price

Dunno if that helps heh

The lease company is standing firm at £12.5k which as far as I can see is good retail money for the car and so therefore way above trade. £9,500 seems to low considering age and mileage.

Soldato
New st is so bland. I thought I seen one the other day but turns out it’s not released yet so must have been an ST line. They look identical apart from the twin exhausts :( the rear is absolutely rubbish I don’t know what Ford were smoking when they designed that. It looks more dated than the mk7 which was released a staggering 10 years ago :eek:

Soldato
New st is so bland. I thought I seen one the other day but turns out it’s not released yet so must have been an ST line. They look identical apart from the twin exhausts :( the rear is absolutely rubbish I don’t know what Ford were smoking when they designed that. It looks more dated than the mk7 which was released a staggering 10 years ago :eek:
Agreed. Mk7 still looks great imo, some people say it wasn't bold enough but I think it's stop on. Mk8 just waters it down even more. And the back... Its just wrong.

Soldato
Is it a bit of a comedone on power going from a mk3 focus st to a fiesta mk 7 st? My wife is looking at changing for a smaller 5 door fiesta and i wasnt sure what it would be like. Currently hers is a 62 plate which according to WBAC is worth 10.5k or so. Is the mk 8 worth it over a used mk 7?

Soldato
Why does she want to change? The 0-60 of the Focus is 6.5 and the Fiesta 6.9 so probably won’t feel any different acceleration wise with the weight difference. You can pick a mk7 Fiesta up on a 2014/15 easily for 10k so I would think that’s the better option rather than putting say another 8-10k towards a new one.

Soldato
Theres not much in it performance wise and the £600 MP215 kit makes the Fiesta as quick to 60 as the focus. Top speed isn't as high but that's irrelevant on the road.

But if you need 5 doors the focus is a better choice. Much nicer for the passengers :p

Back
Top Bottom