Who owns a Golf GTD / GTI / R?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Hey guys, the side parking sensors on my GTI seem to be having a moment. Think it started when I washed it the other weekend. Front and rear are fine but sometimes either one or all 4 side ones don't activate with the front and rears.

Any ideas what it might be? Did I drown them? :eek:

Anyway to check them?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Got my GTI back today after getting an AFS warning error on the dash a few weekends ago. Nearside headlight was very wet inside (which got worse as it got colder), headlights wern't self levelling and the cornering lights weren't working.

New headlight and new motor/actuator something later (as the connections were all corroded apparently, I forget what he said, and tbh had trouble understanding him), all done under warranty and its working again. Total bill was £890 apparently, thank **** for warranty. :eek:

Associate
Got my GTI back today after getting an AFS warning error on the dash a few weekends ago. Nearside headlight was very wet inside (which got worse as it got colder), headlights wern't self levelling and the cornering lights weren't working.

New headlight and new motor/actuator something later (as the connections were all corroded apparently, I forget what he said, and tbh had trouble understanding him), all done under warranty and its working again. Total bill was £890 apparently, thank **** for warranty. :eek:

I'm tempted to get the VW warranty/service pack for mine but I'm still not sure I'm going to keep it.
I'm planning to get an S3 saloon but I'm seriously tempted to keep the GTD as it's been utterly faultless in the last 62000 miles.

Should probably get it as I'll no doubt take about 2 years to buy a new car whether I sell this one or not!

Soldato
Has anyone had a new battery on a MK7.5 Golf during their ownership and If so in your experience did it then need re-coding?

Starting to think my battery has seen better days, why? well…

Whenever I give the interior a good clean (Doors open, interior lights on etc) usually later that day or even the following day when I have come to start the car (Best way I can describe it) it turns over slower and a couple more times before spluttering into life.

Secondly (Forgive the bad habit although never had an issue with my previous cars doing this) but occasionally during my lunch I’ll go and make some phone calls, watch YouTube etc with the ignition on but no engine then hours later I’ll come to start the key and get the same symptoms as mentioned above.

When this occurs I have received the following error codes.

“Error:Start Stop System” = 1 Occassion
“Maneuver Braking Function Not Available” = Most common

Now with the above in mind I don’t do anything to drain the battery without the engine running and the car starts fine but now I’m concerned with the colder weather it could perhaps let me down and that I should replace it or at-least have it checked.

I’m no mechanic so imagine I could have totally mis-diagnosed this :D It’s roughly a 4 year old battery.

Associate
My battery on my 7R was replaced at about 4.5 years old. It let me down one day as i didn't do that as much driving during lockdown. Also it was the inferior Seebang EFB type battery.

I replaced it with a Varta AGM type battery and now the Stop & Start function seems to work much better. If you are changing from EFB to a AGM type battery. Make sure you get it coded in properly as well.

Back
Top Bottom