Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I do read the labels on peanut butter, i eat it a lot on sandwiches or toast, with or without marmite. Palm oil is a no-no for me.
As for shampoo? Beer not beef for me.
Palm oil is another cancel culture nonesense. It yields the most oil per sq/ft. There is no alternative.

Soldato
Because meats tastes good and I'm not a preachy ********.

Back when I worked in a bar (25 odd years ago) used to get partridge quite regularly from one of the famers . It's quite satisfying having to pluck and prep your own dinner:)

Soldato
Yeah pretty must this also surrounded by a bunch of first world problems.

Try going to a developing country and preach all this veganism noise. You wont survive for very long.

Veganism is a privileged, not a right.
That's such nonesense. A lot of developing countries have entire populations that survive almost exclusively on plant based diets, and their fast food restaurants have been separating meat and veg better than the western world for decades.

Soldato
Palm oil is another cancel culture nonesense. It yields the most oil per sq/ft. There is no alternative.
There is when you are cutting down forest to make plantations. Evicting the tiger and the baboon from its habitat.
Palm oil is a cheap additive when if you are making peanut butter, peanuts have their own oil. Unlike the Yanks I don't go for pourable peanut butter.
Britain lost its forests to shipbuilding and industry. There is no reason not to plant for oil like rapeseed here

Soldato
good quality meat/fish/eggs, which coincidentally also have ethical terroir already cost a lot of money , such that eating vegan foods often provides better quality/tasting diet
(eg lentils/quinoa) .
people just seems to eat them irrespective/oblivious of the quality/taste, just a habit - it's minutes to midnight we don't have the resources to sustain production.

Option of one wild partridge a week would be a nice.

Soldato
That's such nonesense. A lot of developing countries have entire populations that survive almost exclusively on plant based diets, and their fast food restaurants have been separating meat and veg better than the western world for decades.
And what about developing countries have entire populations that survive almost exclusively on hunting????........hunting MEAT!

Soldato
And what about developing countries have entire populations that survive almost exclusively on hunting????........hunting MEAT!
Oh yeah good point :rolleyes:

Edit: Educate yourself. Meat is for rich people. It always has been.

Soldato
There is when you are cutting down forest to make plantations. Evicting the tiger and the baboon from its habitat.
Palm oil is a cheap additive when if you are making peanut butter, peanuts have their own oil. Unlike the Yanks I don't go for pourable peanut butter.
Britain lost its forests to shipbuilding and industry. There is no reason not to plant for oil like rapeseed here
Palm oil is used in peanut butter to stop the natural oil splitting from the butter.

Which countries population survives on hunting for meat?

Soldato
Would you be upset if you saw or even just heard about a dog or cat being gassed to death with carbon dioxide?
No, because death is part of life. Would you dig over your allotment to plant veg, knowing that some worms will be killed and insects too, plus their habitat?

Life forms are killed in vegetable production. Why should a kitten or calf be given higher status than a centipede?

Soldato
Because it tastes nice. And this whole save the planet thing in the UK feels absolutely pointless when you look at the output of larger countries. American's barely understand how to recycle and if an engine has anything less than 6L of capacity it's a hair dryer. Japan triple wrap everything in plastic.

On that note, I'm off to make a bacon sandwich.

Soldato
Oh yeah good point :rolleyes:

Edit: Educate yourself. Meat is for rich people. It always has been.
Your link doesn't support your argument.

Poor people who struggle to buy food, now have more money and are buying more food. You also ignore the fact that a majority of the human population eat meat but nobody would argue that a majority of the human population are rich.

Do you mean like Lion King?

Is comparing african tribes to the lion king that supposed to be funny?

Soldato
I usually have 1 vegetarian meal a week but going full vegetarian/vegan would be a bit hard, meat has a certain texture that I'm used too and none of the vegan imitation products come close and in my eyes are probably worse for your health due to them being ultra processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom