Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
u5j0al.jpg

Capodecina
Soldato
I have zero issue with processed stuff like that, as it means using ALL of the carcass. As long as the originating animals were raised and razed humanely (subjective I know), I don't see the problem.

Also, I love me some viennas/frankfurters :D

What do they do with the bones?

Soldato
When you have an animal it becomes quite hard to actually eat that animal. Who would eat a dog in the UK? I know some of you would! :D

This is Claudia. Shes my really dog like hen. And she really does love a to be held.

"pic of chicken dinner" ;)

Wouldn't eat a dog or a cat but all I can see in that picture is a perfectly nice meal :) When I was growing up my grandparents kept chickens and pigs. One of my earliest memories (and no it's not a scary one :D) of my grandma is how we killed and processed a whole chicken. What we didn't eat, like chicken feet, was minced and fed to pigs. Every winter the whole family would come to my grandparents' and we'd slaughter a pig and process every single part of it in one way or another. We'd do this 2 or 3 times throughout the winter depending how many pigs they had.

What do they do with the bones?

Iirc we would shred them then mix them with veggies, grains etc and fed back to pigs.

As for the OP, I eat meat cos I enjoy it but am perfectly happy to go without it, my previous gf was a prescitarian so other than fish I rarely had meat at home and only ordered it when I was out.

Soldato
The fact is a vegan diet is massively more efficient than a standard western meat and dairy based diet. More land will be used to groe crops for human consumption than is currently the vase, but there would be a massive total reduction because currently most crops grown are simply used for animal feed. The freed up land wilk no longer be used for intensive farming and instead of producing massive CO2 costs (largely indirectly, eg fertilizer) will be CO2 if they are returned to forest.

The rest of your post slips in to the usual nonsense.

I mean the last line slips in to the usual nonsense, but Vegans are against using anything with animal products in are they not? Do they continue that mindset when it comes to medicine/vaccines, I see you dodged that element. After all animal testing for pharmaceuticals is a law in the UK... But as usual Vegan nonsense, your post ignores the difficult questions.

Associate
Because I am a hypocrite. I know that it would be far better for the environment to go vegan, and I hate the abuses animals go through. But I like meat. Maybe once plant based alternatives get better and cheaper then will switch.

Capodecina
Soldato
Because I am a hypocrite. I know that it would be far better for the environment to go vegan, and I hate the abuses animals go through. But I like meat. Maybe once plant based alternatives get better and cheaper then will switch.

They are pretty good. I mean, Richmond vegan sausages are quite delicious. And not expensive.

BUT it's not the same as a proper pork and apple sausage in taste, look, or texture.

Food is like faith. You can't convert a carnivore to veganism any more than you can convert a Muslim to Christianity. They're got to really want to do it.

Man of Honour
I mean the last line slips in to the usual nonsense, but Vegans are against using anything with animal products in are they not? Do they continue that mindset when it comes to medicine/vaccines, I see you dodged that element. After all animal testing for pharmaceuticals is a law in the UK... But as usual Vegan nonsense, your post ignores the difficult questions.
Vegan and plant based diet are two different things, I think you're making the mistake of mixing them up.

It's not a difficult question its just absolutism. If the aim is harm reduction then they've done their bit, if you start getting into refusing vaccines/medicine territory you might as well argue that topping yourself would be the ultimate vegan act. Everyone is a hypocrite with arguments like that.

Soldato
Vegan and plant based diet are two different things, I think you're making the mistake of mixing them up.

It's not a difficult question its just absolutism. If the aim is harm reduction then they've done their bit, if you start getting into refusing vaccines/medicine territory you might as well argue that topping yourself would be the ultimate vegan act. Everyone is a hypocrite with arguments like that.

I wouldn't say that I'm mixing them up - I mean I don't actually care personally, I'm all for people consuming what they want, whether it's food, medical, beauty products. I just dislike a lot of the pushiness and hypocrisy. Veganism is by definition the push to avoid consuming anything derived or involving animals where possible, you could argue that pharmaceuticals are not a practical thing to avoid and I would agree 100%. Let's be honest Veganism is more about a 'way of life' whereas plant-based diets are just general people who eat plant based diets, and a lot of people are moving towards that definition because of the hugely negative connotations of the word Veganism and it's cult-like preaching and pushing of ideologies.

I'll fully admit to being a bit of a douche about it too and being absolutist in this case because most Vegans will say categorically they don't consume anything made from and/or tested on animals / animal products and I bet not many of them would turn down pharmaceuticals. But if we're talking purely diet then yeah slightly different.

Man of Honour
I'm educated and had two vegans in the house on Sunday.
Lots of questions were asked by other family and I know all the arguments for honey & milk production etc however the one thing the Vegans can't answer is what do we do with all the cows, sheep etc when judgement day comes and we are all told 'No more eating meat'.
Where do they go, how do they live?
Of course the Vegans say well somebody will have to look after them but who is going to do a job for nothing - all the Vegans?
When winter arrives and all those animals are living free in the forest it will be mass slaughter.
In the future we will be taking our kids to see all these farm animals in a zoo if Vegans get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom