Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
What an absolutely vile and repugnant thing to say to someone. I wish I could say I'm the least bit surprised but you vegans are all the same. It was meant tongue and cheek earlier when I said that vegans are the antivaxers of the dietary World but if looks like a cabbage and smells like one, well...

There is zero causation between bowel cancer and red meat? When did

Just because we can eat something, doesn't mean we should.

Oh calm down, did I wish cancer on you? No, it was a joke because to anyone with a functioning brain knows a "carnivore diet" is unhealthy and increases your risk of cancer. Its just a fact, a fact youre happy to ignore though.

No you're right it wont change my mind, you know what changes my mind? EVIDENCE.

Here's yet another study, i've provided evidence for my claims, have you? Just babble about talking to a botanist, yea if I want nutrition advice il talk to a botanist xD

You're correct on one thing though, just because we can eat meat doesn't mean we should i'm glad we agree. Yes we evolved eating some meat but I doubt the humans of 150,000yrs ago ate meat even 2 times a day let alone the amount we now consume, I think I need to say it again.... Veganism isnt even about nutrition, its just a bonus that its also healthy.

And this is the problem, right here.
If you need to take supplements to stay alive (Hello B12 deficiency leading to anemia and eventually death) Then you're not really eating a balanced diet are you?

...at some point you really have to question why you would put the life of an animal above the lives of multiple humans?

If people really want to make an impact and are "horrified" at the notion of livestock / slaughter, perhaps they should turn their attention to the more brutal / gruesome methods of animal treatment and slaughter practiced by other countries / religions (I'm looking at you Halal meat!) before getting all preachy to Brits about eating meat.

Chances are you're supplementing B12, you just don't know it... This is obviously a pro vegan site but feel free to do your own research. https://www.surgeactivism.org/b12ahdb

I'm also not putting any peoples lives above animals :confused:

While I agree Halal is 'worse', I actually stopped eating halal years ago, but a little bit of research shows our normal conditions and slaughter are not much better, the life of your average chicken or pig in this country is one of misery and suffering so its not much of an argument to point fingers at other countries.

I don't get it.

Btw, unless you didn't read it, the original title and intent of OP is calling people who eat meat animal abuser. The tone he set out originally is to attack people.

Its clear from your posts that you don't get it.

I never called meat eaters animal abusers, I said you PAY for animals to be abused by eating meat and dairy.

Caporegime
Its clear from your posts that you don't get it.

I never called meat eaters animal abusers, I said you PAY for animals to be abused by eating meat and dairy.

You are implying that we are by eating meat, and that we are the problem.

I get it fine, I even SUPPORT the idea of vegans. What I am 100% against is your way of using words like abuse, or cruelty to try to get people to go vegan. The way you are going about it is THE PROBLEM. And you will never get people do go vegan with the way you are trying to do it.

I am saying it for the 4th time, it is much easier getting 1000 people to reduce their meat intake by 10% which would go MUCH further than trying to convince 1 person to go vegan. Which is what you should be doing, but you are not. Don't push for veganism, but push for reduced meat or a more balanced diet. Even 1% less meat from 1000 people would be more than 1 person going vegan.

Do you understand? Do you get it now?

You are going about it the WRONG WAY.

It's like you are trying to get someone to join your religion, you can ask a million people and perhaps 1 would. It is much easier to get 100,000 people to be open to the idea that there is a god, as opposed to follow you into your church.

Instead the new thread title with "why are not going vegan". If you change it to "Do you think you can cut meat by 10%?"

Your title will get a rejection from people, the latter would get an easy yes from the majority.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you need to take supplements to stay alive (Hello B12 deficiency leading to anemia and eventually death) Then you're not really eating a balanced diet are you?
I need a B12 injection every three months and i have a balanced diet. Bit of a broad statement that tbh.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Hey guys, (now ive got you with that title) so I went vegetarian about 9 months ago after struggling with the idea of eating meat for quite a while and have recently gone vegan after seeing footage of a cow get bolt gunned in the head.

I think the main problems are ignorance and cultural conditioning, I recently found that baby male chicks are either ground up alive or gassed at 1 day old because they're useless in the egg industry. And piglets have their teeth "trimmed" and tails "docked" to reduce tail biting amongst other pigs which is a symptom of mental stress, gee I wonder why they might be stressed....

So why are you not vegan....

Edited the title just due to the backlash :)

Documentary on UK farming - https://www.landofhopeandglory.org/

Document on the misery of broiler or "meat" birds https://www.rspca.org.uk/webContent/staticImages/BroilerCampaign/EatSitSufferRepeat.pdf

I've been thinking about this for a while now. Don't eat much meat anyway (maybe 2 or 3 times a week so it wouldn't be a huge change but I do enjoy eggs so not sure veganism would work.

My main reason is probably treatment of livestock etc rather than health reasons, plus perhaps moving to 'living with' rather than 'eating' other living things.

Caporegime
Oh calm down, did I wish cancer on you? No, it was a joke because to anyone with a functioning brain knows a "carnivore diet" is unhealthy and increases your risk of cancer. Its just a fact, a fact youre happy to ignore though.

When you read that back, do you see how much of a smug **** you come across as? It's easier to say I hope we all get bowel cancer. Who cares. ?

I mean this discussion must be fun for you being in a minority, you must thrive on conflict, enjoy arguing to even bother. Yy6ou certainly are not like this in reality I get that, venting/preahing here gives you a buzz. People take stuff online to a much Futher degree.
Whatever it is I hope most just appreciate it as a big wind up. It has madee laugh so it is good.

Btw Increased chance of cancer isn't really some kind of scare either unless you are a hypochondriac. Literally everything these days is carcinogenic isn't it?

I dunno? Keep up the good fight!
As long as new contenders keep coming in we can keep repeating the same things ad infinitum. Like me...

Soldato
carnivore diet" is unhealthy and increases your risk of cancer. Its just a fact, a fact youre happy to ignore though.
Selective fact-ing.
Western, heavily processed diets featuring heavily processed meats increase your risk of cancer - the studies always pitch this up against, and I quote your link, whole food plant based diets with limited potatoes rice etc.

So it isn't a meat diet Vs a vegan diet, it's a processed food diet Vs a whole food diet.
People giving up meat to just switch to fake-meat vegan products from the supermarket are doing absolutely zero to benefit their health as they are still just consuming heavily processed foods which carry exactly the alsame health risks - a fake sausage roll is just as unhealthy as a pork sausage roll.

So your links just prove that people should eat less processed food, not that they should give up meat entirely.

What you've done is misspelled "meat" when what you actually meant to tell people to give up is "cake".

Last edited:
Caporegime
Selective fact-ing.
Western, heavily processed diets featuring heavily processed meats increase your risk of cancer - the studies always pitch this up against, and I quote your link, whole food plant based diets with limited potatoes rice etc.

So it isn't a meat diet Vs a vegan diet, it's a processed food diet Vs a whole food diet.
People giving up meat to just switch to fake-meat vegan products from the supermarket are doing absolutely zero to benefit their health as they are still just consuming heavily processed foods which carry exactly the alsame health risks - a fake sausage roll is just as unhealthy as a pork sausage roll.

So your links just prove that people should eat less processed food, not that they should give up meat entirely.

None of them can prove why the Japanese who are meat eaters have the worlds longest life expectancy.

And it is remarkable when you go there, honestly there was so much meat I actually found myself wanting a bowl of salad. Everything is either Yakitori (grilled meat on sticks), Ramen (more meat and carbs), Tonkatsu (fried pork cutlet), Gyudon (beef rice bow), Sushi, Kushikatsu (fried stuff on a stick). There was the odd pickles in dishes but there I was missing the beans, the leafy lettuce. I recall one trip after 5 days my body wanted it so bad i went to a local supermarket just to see if i could find a salad and to get a vegetable smoothie.

I know as a tourist what you eat out is not necessarily the stuff they eat at home but from what i know and seen, my regular diet have more fruit and veg than they do.

Yet they have that statistic which cannot be disputed!

Caporegime
I guess a meat eating animal lover is an oxymoron of sorts ,I love my dog and cat but pigs and cows can be stunned ,killed and sliced up for my tea
I don’t like seeing animals hurt, but for me, that emotional attachment is lost when I just see it as a piece of tasty looking meat.

it’s no good trying to convert me, it will never work. I like meat and I need it in my diet for other reasons than just enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom