Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't type for toffee
Don
To respond to the title....

Because I like eating meat as part of a varied diet?
I'll also eat the likes of Quorn and other veggie type bits and bobs

This is my choice and I dont try and force others to my way of thinking and I don't go rampaging everywhere telling people to eat meat.
Personal choice/preference is exactly that and everyones entitled to their own

The kids know where meat and fish come from, if they said they didn't want to it it fair enough but so far there's nothing theyll refuse.
They both love seafood and a proper Roast Dinner

If I went vegan then Id be a Vegan on a bike, just asking for trouble there :p

Chicken Tikka for tea just hope they aint too spicy for the midgets

Soldato
lol soz, trying to reply to so many messages has fried my brain.

I said the "carnivore diet" will increase your risk of cancer due to the amount of red and processed meats I assume would be a part of it (not to mention the lack of other vitamins etc), and that a plant based one is healthier.

But my claim is certainly not non sense, a plant based diet is generally healthier, backed up with evidence.

"veganism is healthy" - you can be an unhealthy vegan sure, I see what youre saying I guess.

Obtuse or just stupid?
Surely you realise that the UK has the problems it has with health/obesity precisely because it relies heavily on convenience food. Putting it across as "veganism is healthier" will just see those same people switch to vegan convenience food, which from my research contains more salt and sugar than non-vegan, so heart disease and diabetes would be even more of a problem, not less.

Soldato
I would say that in probability a vegetarian diet is healthiest, a Mediterranean diet. Pasta and vegetables some cheese and eggs. Add small amounts of oily fish as well.

A vegan diet is much less healthy as it relies a lot on processed foods and lacks essential oils and vitamins. Taking supplements is NOT healthy.

Soldato
I would say that in probability a vegetarian diet is healthiest, a Mediterranean diet. Pasta and vegetables some cheese and eggs. Add small amounts of oily fish as well.

A vegan diet is much less healthy as it relies a lot on processed foods and lacks essential oils and vitamins. Taking supplements is NOT healthy.
You lost me at suggesting Pasta

Soldato
Why?

I could also have explicitly mentioned pulses, fruits etc., but into every life a little carbohydrate must fall. Rice, pasta, potatoes and bread.
Isn't it like one of the most processed foods going? Like take loads of processed food and combine them into an ultra-bland super-processed food?

Caporegime
Surely for a proven statistical health beneficial point of view, you look at the data where millions or hundreds of millions of people who live the longest, you follow their diet? Which is Japanese/Med who are not vegan.

There are just no enough vegans and or been around long enough to provide this statistic. Come back in 50 years to see if vegans live longer than the Japanese.

So to say “I think I am healthier because of my vegan diet compare to any meat eater” is wrong. To what kind of meat eater? To a McDonald’s meat eater? Most probably. Are you willing to compare or bet who is going to live longer between you and a Sicilian or Japanese?

My Nan lived to her mid 90’s, she wasn’t vegan. She ate meat.

Essentially the largest data set shows that eating meat doesn’t reduce your life expectancy, or kill you sooner.

Soldato
White (refined) pasta isn't good in large amounts. Wholemeal is better, but it's the Mediterranean ingredients traditionally accompanying pasta which often makes it a relatively healthy meal overall.
And how do most people in this country prepare pasta? Do they buy fresh veg/tomatoes and make everything from scratch, or do they buy a packet of pasta and a pot of ready made sauce (also processed food)?

You only have to walk in to any supermarket and see the 1 aisle of fresh food vs. the 10+ aisles of packet/frozen food to realise that the vast majority of people are not going to get any health benefit from giving up meat.

Last edited:
Soldato
And how do most people in this country prepare pasta? Do they buy fresh veg/tomatoes and make everything from scratch, or do they buy a packet of pasta and a pot of ready made sauce (also processed food)?
I didn't say "pasta is bad" because people tend to take shortcuts. Like everything it can be part of a healthy balanced diet - whether you choose to go processed is your choice.

A simple pasta sauce takes no effort at all to whip up. Even (decent) tinned tomatoes tend to be minimally processed and that's the base for many pasta sauces right there.

Soldato
Oh calm down, did I wish cancer on you? No, it was a joke because to anyone with a functioning brain knows a "carnivore diet" is unhealthy and increases your risk of cancer. Its just a fact, a fact youre happy to ignore though.

No you're right it wont change my mind, you know what changes my mind? EVIDENCE.

Here's yet another study, i've provided evidence for my claims, have you? Just babble about talking to a botanist, yea if I want nutrition advice il talk to a botanist xD

You're correct on one thing though, just because we can eat meat doesn't mean we should i'm glad we agree. Yes we evolved eating some meat but I doubt the humans of 150,000yrs ago ate meat even 2 times a day let alone the amount we now consume, I think I need to say it again.... Veganism isnt even about nutrition, its just a bonus that its also healthy.
Wow, you soy boys really are offensive, obtuse and deluded. If veganism is so healthy, why do your lot on a long enough time line always end up looking like you're dying without huge amounts of supplementation? Let's not forget Heroine and cigarettes are technically vegan. Now, let's talk about those supplements. Do you even realise what a lot of those ingredients actually are?

Vegan-Malnourished-800x449.jpg

After 5 years...

maxresdefault.jpg

There's a lot of images I simply refuse to share because of there highly distressing nature, such as severely malnourished babies who've been hospitalised by their monstrous vegan zealot parents. But hey, if it's so healthy why can't kids do it? But I bet I'm just making that one up right? Or I'm misunderstanding something. Sorry, but no.

What about this?
https://metro.co.uk/2016/11/16/one-...shed-6261473/?ito=article.mweb.share.top.link

or this?

https://youtu.be/c_M71nUdLwQ

What about the fact that any studies linking meat to cancer are done with processed meats, or that studies done with rats have been done after rats have been injected with carcinogens to induce cancer? They did this in almost all studies cited by the WHO.

Not convinced? (I know you won't be, it doesn't fit your deluded narrative so must be fake news)

https://www.paleomedicina.com/en/gl...4MqIwIMuIR6Ml3XwQOZLhLeJoWjNBo4Q_IQusl7oalNuA

or this?

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...J69OpxHFF4adGibUfmuvpN8jT0XX4wvafGkhy5JR1-4gw

I could do this all day...

https://youtu.be/DvUYZJPtNG0

But, hey lets forget about all that pesky evidence that disproves your assertions and the countless other sources I could provide that go against the vegan agenda.

Lets forget basic human physiology and evolution over millions of years. Let's ignore the science of botany as just babble. That's all wrong and you vegans have it right? Those who fully functioning brains know veganism is right? Yay another insult... Then why is it that every cell in the body requires nutrients only found in animal based food? Including the brain.

But no, Fact is eating meat doesn't cause cancer. Eating carcinogens (you eat plenty of those, buddy) and highly processed food causes cancers.

But, hey according to you I'm definitely going to die horribly despite the fact I feel better than I've ever done. But seriously the offer still stands, you post your blood results and I'll post mine.

Soldato
I didn't say "pasta is bad" because people tend to take shortcuts. Like everything it can be part of a healthy balanced diet - whether you choose to go processed is your choice.

A simple pasta sauce takes no effort at all to whip up. Even (decent) tinned tomatoes tend to be minimally processed and that's the base for many pasta sauces right there.

Preaching to the choir my friend, yes I make pasta sauce from scratch, i also cook the pasta the night before and put it in the fridge as that is also healthier.

Soldato
Well this thread has gone as expected, firstly the vegans try to tug at the heartstrings 'cows are pets too', then it's onto you don't know how they're killed 'it's inhumane', then we've moved onto 'you are all gonna get cancer eating red meat, haha. Veganism is healthier'. At every turn they've been constantly debunked with facts yet they still keep trying, never change lads.

Soldato
Tbh I've put on muscle mass since going vegan,also don't get an energy dip after meals
Shameless cut and paste
Red and processed meat contain haem iron, which makes meat red in colour. When haem is broken down in the gut it forms N-nitroso compounds. These can damage the cells lining the bowel, which can lead to cancer.
Iron from food comes in two forms: heme and non-heme. Heme is found only in animal flesh like meat, poultry, and seafood. Non-heme iron is found in plant foods like whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, and leafy greens.

Soldato
Well this thread has gone as expected, firstly the vegans try to tug at the heartstrings 'cows are pets too', then it's onto you don't know how they're killed 'it's inhumane', then we've moved onto 'you are all gonna get cancer eating red meat, haha. Veganism is healthier'. At every turn they've been constantly debunked with facts yet they still keep trying, never change lads.
You forgot the bit where the drug-abusing alcoholic tries to lecture us

Soldato
When haem is broken down in the gut it forms N-nitroso compounds
that is not strictly true - research indicates that it 'may' increase the formation of nitroso compounds, it doesn't form nitroso's itself.
Chemicals like vitamin C do the opposite and inhibit nitroso formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom