Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I made the painful journey of giving up dairy but I'm definitely healthier for it (blood and gut flora tests confirm - I'm a fitness fanatic so do regular blood tests and studied a lot about nutrition) and oat milk is amazing, soya is not. I miss cheese a lot. And I do still have fresh butter from the local farm from time to to time, and whilst I don't go out of my way to tell people I avoid dairy I make choices at restaurants based on my dietary needs.

I.e. I won't tell friends or family not to cook with butter or cheese, but avoid it if I can.
cheese prevents heart disease

Caporegime
Bhuddist monks say hi

I knew someone would pick a minority group as a rebuttal so my reply is that…that is a small sample size, actually any article you pick would have a smaller sample size than that of the Japanese population of 120+ million.

Soldato
Yes Its just as easy to eat baldly when you first start a vegan regime (just to clear up some fellow forum members confusion i am vegan) and i do tend to stick a goodfellows meatless vegan pizza in the oven when i cba to cook ,but learning more recipes all the time ,Sainsbury's do tins of banana blossom so going to give fake fish a try ,guessing seaweed may be involved.

https://sarahsvegankitchen.com/recipes/banana-blossom-fish/

edit /genuinely confused how i was mistook for team meat ,given the content of my posts :p

There is a vegan fish and chip shop not far from my house and i've had battered banana blossom from there and i quite liked it. They also do standard chipshop food eg fish fishcakes and sausage to cater for non vegans but their vegan food is pretty tasty.

I'm not a vegan and i enjoy meat but i try to always buy better reared and treated meat where i can and i've scaled back meat consumption partly to facilitate this. I am steering to more vegetarian dishes now days too but that more for a change and to try new things.

One thing i am mad for at the moment is okonomiyaki but subbing half the cabbage for leeks

Soldato
Yes so do I, due to a auto-immune problem, which is probably exactly what you have.

Stop trying to conflate a medical issue with claims of a "balanced diet" So no, it was not a bit of a broad statement at all It's factual.

You are the one attempting to blur the lines between fact and lies by claiming your "balanced diet" isn't good enough, when in reality you have an auto-immune issue preventing the creation of the enzyme needed to process B12. - In other words, you are being fundamentally dishonest.

I dont have an auto immune issue though but do carry on.

Soldato
Also, what about modern day inuits that eat their traditional diet? 100% Meat based diet who live long perfectly healthy lives. It's only when they deviate from that they develop all the familiar diseases...

My Granmother died in her late 60s, she wasnt a vegan. She ate meat. She died from stomach cancer.

Have you not thought that those people either werent doing the diet properly or had mental and/or eating disorders? You need to reread your posts they have been some of the most offensive and unintelligent rambling so far and there is a big list. If it was just veganism that did that to them how do you explain the many many people living okay while being vegan? How do you explain the meat eaters that also have eating disorders?

Have you read a lot of the replies of the 'meat' eaters. That is some truly ranting nonsense from the usual suspects. Highfive.

Most of the posts from meat eaters sound like they are drunk posting.

Unintelligent, offensive and rambling? Is that right... You plant based people are the ones who try to shove your toxic plant crap and holier than though bull **** attitudes down everyone else's throat. You're the ones who insult everyone, refuse to even consider different point of views and bully your way into acceptance.

It's funny how you call me Unintelligent and rambling but have provided zero evidence that I'm wrong. For example, how am I wrong about us not having a secum if we're supposed to be herbivores? Or the numerous organs in the body that are specifically for breaking down animal proteins and fats? Oh wait, you can't It's human physiology. Let's not forget we also can't regrow our teeth like most if not all herbivores and can't use our jaws to mill plant materials down. Clamp your teeth together and try and move your jaw if you don't believe me.

I'll say it again, if veganism is so healthy give up the supplements for 6 months and get your bloods done posting the results here. I'll do the same, not that I need or take any supplements and we'll see who's doing better, shall we?

As for your grandmother, I'm sorry she died of such a horrible disease but I doubt that she ate nothing but meat, so it's a moot point.

Associate
I dont have an auto immune issue though but do carry on.
You have a medical or genetic abnormality that prevents you from absorbing B12, this is the ONLY reason they give B12 as injections.

If it was simply a dietary or lifestyle issue tablet-based supplements are used - They are not used if you have the enzyme production issue since they would not work either due to no ability for the gut to absorb B12.

What is the reason they specify for you requiring 3monthly injections rather than tablet-based?

Soldato
How many eat meat ?
How many Japanese are vegetarian also? For 1200 years they were strict vegetarians due to buddhism and Im going to guess there are a fair few that are still vegetarians.

Oh I see its about Buddhists not being vegan which is true to an extent but they shouldnt be eating meat. Its one of their main principles of the universe.

Soldato
OP
Well this thread has gone as expected, firstly the vegans try to tug at the heartstrings 'cows are pets too', then it's onto you don't know how they're killed 'it's inhumane', then we've moved onto 'you are all gonna get cancer eating red meat, haha. Veganism is healthier'. At every turn they've been constantly debunked with facts yet they still keep trying, never change lads.

Not one single person has posted any articles or studies that you're average western diet or carnivore diet is healthier than a plant based one, unlike the oxford study and academy of nutrition and dietetics ones that I provided.

But il say it again because people like you are still not getting it, veganism isnt even about nutrition, its about not wanting to pay for animals to be abused and killed for food, clothing or sport.

Wow, you soy boys really are offensive, obtuse and deluded. If veganism is so healthy, why do your lot on a long enough time line always end up looking like you're dying without huge amounts of supplementation? Let's not forget Heroine and cigarettes are technically vegan. Now, let's talk about those supplements. Do you even realise what a lot of those ingredients actually are?

After 5 years...

There's a lot of images I simply refuse to share because of there highly distressing nature, such as severely malnourished babies who've been hospitalised by their monstrous vegan zealot parents. But hey, if it's so healthy why can't kids do it? But I bet I'm just making that one up right? Or I'm misunderstanding something. Sorry, but no.

What about this?
https://metro.co.uk/2016/11/16/one-...shed-6261473/?ito=article.mweb.share.top.link

or this?

https://youtu.be/c_M71nUdLwQ

What about the fact that any studies linking meat to cancer are done with processed meats, or that studies done with rats have been done after rats have been injected with carcinogens to induce cancer? They did this in almost all studies cited by the WHO.

Not convinced? (I know you won't be, it doesn't fit your deluded narrative so must be fake news)

https://www.paleomedicina.com/en/glioblastome multiforme_case report_38-month long_progression-free survival?fbclid=IwAR0rlNOXAPXF1F4MqIwIMuIR6Ml3XwQOZLhLeJoWjNBo4Q_IQusl7oalNuA

or this?

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.paleomedicina.com/en/paleolithic_ketogenic_diet_as_a_stand_alone_therapy_in_cancer?fbclid=IwAR3fR92kr9OSpaLcjTePeawN_i6WUhyukkgkdPkZQya2ynhZTUe2xcfMhJ0&h=AT3I6GLN7j4MJE8rmyAPOGcjygJFFjW9QCFZeNPT6ch8kMBQFgVZgRyUGJwLaHfTv6cxfne1dOs07-A_nEYvcqWJ69OpxHFF4adGibUfmuvpN8jT0XX4wvafGkhy5JR1-4gw

I could do this all day...

https://youtu.be/DvUYZJPtNG0

But, hey lets forget about all that pesky evidence that disproves your assertions and the countless other sources I could provide that go against the vegan agenda.

Lets forget basic human physiology and evolution over millions of years. Let's ignore the science of botany as just babble. That's all wrong and you vegans have it right? Those who fully functioning brains know veganism is right? Yay another insult... Then why is it that every cell in the body requires nutrients only found in animal based food? Including the brain.

But no, Fact is eating meat doesn't cause cancer. Eating carcinogens (you eat plenty of those, buddy) and highly processed food causes cancers.

But, hey according to you I'm definitely going to die horribly despite the fact I feel better than I've ever done. But seriously the offer still stands, you post your blood results and I'll post mine.

Well done, youve posted pictures of people who are not taking in enough calories xD "veganism debunked"!!!111

A video from "garland farms" holy **** that'll be totally unbiased, they have to lie, their income relies on it. And one from a doctor? Again not a nutritionist. You should have posted this article....

I don't know why you're so concerned with supplements, millions of people take them, multivitamins or protein powders, you almost certainly supplement B12, you just don't know it.

One in 4 vegetarians could be malnourished? Yea they could be, so could people who meat, and so could vegans if you're not eating right or have uptake problems. So what are you on about, is this meant to be evidence than veganism is unhealthy?

The vegan agenda is we don't want to harm animals. But because there's literally is no argument to counter that it always gets deflected to diet and nutrition. Your convinced eating the 'carnivore diet' has somehow cured you of something, despite you even saying yourself, eating a plant based diet could have had the same results. But hey maybe it has, still doesn't mean the "carnivore diet" is healthy.

I don't have any blood results as I have no health concerns, if something crops up il let you know.

"Then why is it that every cell in the body requires nutrients only found in animal based food? Including the brain." LOL citation needed.

Some malnourished vegans for you...
CHP7SXwUAAAyZ1a.jpg

EbJkvbtXQAA1Rrn.jpg:large
LucaMarshallFent2.jpg

Soldato
How many eat meat ?
Well I can only speak for the few hundred I've seen eating meat, which is all of the ones I've met

I've eaten at a Buddhist temple and the monks were also eating meat dishes that people had brought with them
They're only vegetarian for certain holidays/events
They also wear leather sandals
I mean, Thailand is a massively Buddhist country, have you ever been to a Thai restaurant? Lots of chicken and pork in them.

Last edited:
Soldato
So eating a vegan diet makes you look as though you work on the roads, (but go to gay parades at the weekends to show off your piercings)?
This was the argument provided to 'malnourished people are exclusively vegan'

I think he was mistaking this argument for the one where dogs died because their owners didn't feed them meat

Soldato
But il say it again because people like you are still not getting it, veganism isnt even about nutrition, its about not wanting to pay for animals to be abused and killed for food, clothing or sport.
Which in itself is fine, but many/most vegans manage to come across incessantly preachy.

I could happily go vegetarian, but would never expect someone else to if they had no interest.

Soldato
I'll say it again because vegans like you are still not getting it, we eat meat because we like it, hell it tastes even better knowing people like you are crying over our choice. Bon appetit

Associate
Responding to the post by Johno please?.

"Not one single person has posted any articles or studies that you're average western diet or carnivore diet is healthier than a plant based one, unlike the oxford study and academy of nutrition and dietetics ones that I provided."

"But il say it again because people like you are still not getting it, veganism isnt even about nutrition, its about not wanting to pay for animals to be abused and killed for food, clothing or sport."

"Well done, youve posted pictures of people who are not taking in enough calories xD "veganism debunked"!!!111"

"I don't know why you're so concerned with supplements, millions of people take them, multivitamins or protein powders, you almost certainly supplement B12, you just don't know it."

"The vegan agenda is we don't want to harm animals. But because there's literally is no argument to counter that it always gets deflected to diet and nutrition. Your convinced eating the 'carnivore diet' has somehow cured you of something, despite you even saying yourself, eating a plant based diet could have had the same results. But hey maybe it has, still doesn't mean the "carnivore diet" is healthy."

I am not going to quote all of your post which is really a bunch of rubbish.

First quote here is the answer no one has posted any studies because no diet has any valid ones and your study you mention again useless.

Second quote Veganism is an ideology correct it has nothing to do with human health but the whole protecting animals from abuse/killer arguments doesn't work now people will ask why it's simple a vegan being alive is causing harm to animals the only way to help them is for you to die.

Now I know people will say this is extreme but it's not how can you live the vegan way without insects or animals you can't take a look at how food is produced and this is when you look into other areas not nutrition.

Third quote this straight away shows you know 0 on the subject of nutrition using calories as an argument maybe you should learn what a "calorie" is before putting out a claim like this.

Fourth quote If you are eating a correct diet why would you need to supplement? If millions of people drink own urine it's fine as well is it? this argument makes 0 sense and people take all these because they have been tricked to do so.

Fifth quote answered already and already countered it another one you are incorrect on.

I would like to point out I do have a qualification in nutrition and it is meaningless also I have family members who run a farm.

Closing point the pictures you posted are useless for a start the first one is the person known as Vegan Gains (Richard Burgess) who you can be looked up easily and see he has health issues plus is taking juice.

That same guy has claimed to know science like yourself yet can't even understand basics also people who are trained in the field have called him out many times the same with all you vegans yet you run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom