Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was raised a meat / dairy / sugar eater and could never stop when an adult.

Some things are just very hard to give up, that is the truth of it.

I think this is the biggest point why there are less veggies and vegans as most of us are brought up meat eaters and not everyone will question this after the indoctrination is complete ,i was also told life is living in a crowded urban area you don't really like ,places you like are saved for holidays ,i moved to the holiday place and then became vegan ;)

Soldato
To answer the OP i'm not vegan because I don't want to be & couldn't live on a vegan diet, it doesn't interest me.

If meat sales stopped tomorrow i'd be in the back garden the following day, air rifle in hand, shooting wood pidgeon for tea.

Soldato
indoctrination definition: 1. the process of repeating an idea or belief to someone until they accept it without criticism
I think it fits ,there was definitely no veggie options in my house or at school ,meat was the only protein option i was given until i became independent and able to think for myself
edit/ even then it took a few decades

Soldato
I am definitely not that level of vegan belief so maybe i am only veggie as the milk doesn't involve death ,the guys on here who keep chickens in excellent conditions in their gardens and collect the eggs (but don't kill the chickens) no problem ,milk your cow and drink it without killing mother or calf ,go ahead..
There's a rescue place that saves chickens from slaughter but gives them an amazing life and natural death but sell the eggs to fund more rescues
dairy free has rid me of eczema so its not something i would buy but its a good idea ,no ?
edit /guess that makes me veggie but these are my personal beliefs

Caporegime
indoctrination definition: 1. the process of repeating an idea or belief to someone until they accept it without criticism
I think it fits ,there was definitely no veggie options in my house or at school ,meat was the only protein option i was given until i became independent and able to think for myself
Yeah you come across as a real freethinker..... :p

Soldato
Irony is, that definition fits Veganism perfectly, the only ones ever trying to shame people into changing their diets, are Vegans.

Soldato

There's a reason though that there wasn't vegan options back in the day, veganism makes zero sense. It's a lifestyle that is not sustainable and is not healthy by itself. Any diet that requires supplementation is not healthy by its definition.

Why do vegans initially see health improvements, because they give up a lot more than just meat. The reduction of heavily processed foods is going to have a huge benefit to people's health. Yet as a general rule they blame the meat.

Once people see the long term effects of veganism which may take decades, just like smoking it will stop being recommended for health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom