Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
well i left this thread but i think its important to say that personally the look and smell of raw meat (dead animal) turns my stomach ,
as said in my earlier post team meat on here is showing massive cognitive dissonance with ridiculously flawed arguments and the" look at me i eat lots of meat and have zero empathy "brigade.

Hang on, so the 99% of people who don't have empathy for food have a mental health problem? You realise you are in the minority on this one right?

One of team vegan was literally just saying the solution to growing more vegan food was to destroy all insects and only keep the ones useful for pollinating food plants, but it's team meat putting forth ridiculous arguments... Lol

Caporegime
There is no one factor that can explain longer life expectancy, or what makes a healthy diet. Japan do eat meat, but in small quantities, conversely they actually eat less fresh goods than a lot of other developed countries. It is balanced by more fish and less highly processed food. But this alone does not explain their longer life expectancy.
A healthy diet and lifestyle has may factors, being vegetarian/vegan does not automatically equate to being healthy or unhealthy - like most things in life it depends on multiple factors.

Actually, Japanese eat quite a lot of meat*, it's just their general portion size are much smaller than the US. Just take 1 look at the cup size in McDonald's.

At least we agree that there is more to live longer than 1 factor and that factor isn't meat, it's everything and that whatever it is, that everything works for the Japanese and their everything includes meat.

Meaning...cutting out meat isn't the answer, you can still eat it and live long.

*Like the traditional breakfast has salmon, or a origiri would have tuna. Go to a Konbini and get something hot like a bun, most of the options have meat in it like chicken or pork, or you can get a pizza flavour one with pepperoni bits and cheese. They also sell fried chicken instore, freshly made. Fruit sandwiches (its a thing!) have whipped cream fillings in.

Soldato
Except it isn't and I've already provided enough info proving it isn't in prior posts
Except all of your proof has been debunked as biased nonsense.
Mass rearing animals is bad for the environment, but growing food stuff enmasse is too, just as much, the solution isn't changing what we eat its reducing the population so that it sustainable, or coming up with completely different ways of growing both veg and meat that is less damaging than both of the ways we do that now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Because being anti-palm oil makes as much sense as being anti-meat?

AFAIK, there is nothing that yields as much oil per sq/ft than palm oil.
Ironically, I am anti-Nestle and anti-Palm, mainly due to how much harm they do/have done to the rainforests.

In fact, I don't actually consume much in the way of normal processed oils at all due to how crap they actually are for us. The only problem is the mayo thing.

I stick to butter, lard, ghee and coconut oils.

Soldato
Because being anti-palm oil makes as much sense as being anti-meat?

AFAIK, there is nothing that yields as much oil per sq/ft than palm oil.

Depends if you think the deforestation of rain forests to plant oil palms is ok. How is the destruction of animal habitats, flora and fauna any less of an ethical concern compared to eating meat? Because it yields so much oil is your answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom