Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Depends if you think the deforestation of rain forests to plant oil palms is ok. How is the destruction of animal habitats, flora and fauna any less of an ethical concern compared to eating meat? Because it yields so much oil is your answer?
Why so much angsty projection???

Palm oil like (red)meat has a worrying association with very destructive forest clearing techniques.
There isn't an alternative that is any better.

Caporegime
As regards palm oil my eyes are rubbish close up ,will switch those next shop ,but I have ate them now tbh
Still beats murdered tortured dead pig meat

That's the thing...you seem to rank them in some order.

Like eating meat is not okay, having leather shoes is okay. What's the difference?

Neither is really okay, so I just minimise the overall amount and not criticise others. To really have any grounds to criticise others is if you live as a vegan Amish, which none of us are (you wouldn't be online as an Amish).

Soldato
Not only that but plants are living things. By eating plants one is killing. I have no problem with people being Vegetarian or Vegan but they hold zero morale high ground as they are killing just as much if not more then the meat eaters. It always amazes me how many vegetarians don't realize what they are eating was alive and they are killing a living thing. Not all of them but a lot of them don't stop to think what they are eating was alive until they kill it.
You should sit a mensa test with this logic.

Soldato
That's the thing...you seem to rank them in some order.

Like eating meat is not okay, having leather shoes is okay. What's the difference?

Neither is really okay, so I just minimise the overall amount and not criticise others. To really have any grounds to criticise others is if you live as a vegan Amish, which none of us are (you wouldn't be online as an Amish).
I can post my receipt for my latest shoes ,they were synthetic ,I would never buy a leather product ,but have belts from back in the day somewhere I think

Soldato
Why so much angsty projection???

There isn't an alternative that is any better.

Theres no angsty projection, it is the reason why some people are against palm oil. You seemed to question the validity of being against palm oil compared to being anti meat on ethical grounds, I thought I was explaining why. I apologise if I misunderstood your point, but as you have mentioned the palm oil fact before, I didn't think I did

Soldato
Except all of your proof has been debunked as biased nonsense.
No it really hasn't
Did you even read the paper ?

I don't think you really understand what it's saying, all these studies are based on calorific equivalent, do you understand that a plate full of vegetables is going to have less calories than a plate full of meat ? When people substitute veg for meat they're not ending up eating 2 plates of veg vs their 1 plate when it was meat & veg to reach calorie parity, they're resulting in fewer calories being consumed which makes the 6% increase in GHG moot if the overall calorie reduction is more than that 6%

As for land useage which is also an issue

That's a whole lot of land being fertilized and adding to the No3 problem you mention, only 33% of agricultural land is used for plant industry (minus the stuff for animal feed) Guess what you could use the land for ? Forests which will yield in an even greater reduction of Co2, part of the problem we have with Co2 is deforestation in order for people to contribute to the meat industry in the likes of Brazil
You can deny the science all you want, it won't make you right

Soldato
Hey guys, (now ive got you with that title) so I went vegetarian about 9 months ago after struggling with the idea of eating meat for quite a while and have recently gone vegan after seeing footage of a cow get bolt gunned in the head.

I think the main problems are ignorance and cultural conditioning, I recently found that baby male chicks are either ground up alive or gassed at 1 day old because they're useless in the egg industry. And piglets have their teeth "trimmed" and tails "docked" to reduce tail biting amongst other pigs which is a symptom of mental stress, gee I wonder why they might be stressed....

So why are you not vegan....

Edited the title just due to the backlash :)

Documentary on UK farming - https://www.landofhopeandglory.org/

Document on the misery of broiler or "meat" birds https://www.rspca.org.uk/webContent/staticImages/BroilerCampaign/EatSitSufferRepeat.pdf
Wife’s a vegan. Absolute pita shopping with her half the time as she studies the ingredients labels religiously. Sod that. Half the vegan stuff is so overpriced obviously to take advantage of the fact that they’ll eat any damn thing.

I’m a meat eater because I like meat. My parents are Fijians - Fijians eat their meats and fishies. Whilst I’m born here in the Uk, I’ll never go through the hell that my wife goes through.

Soldato
I don't need to repeat half the thread back to you, I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself
So you're just going to ignore the facts from those papers, okay, not much point trying to discuss with somebody so ignorant or just incapable of reading scientific papers & being able to understand it refutes your incorrect world view

Soldato
So you're just going to ignore the facts from those papers, okay, not much point trying to discuss with somebody so ignorant or just incapable of reading scientific papers & being able to understand it refutes your incorrect world view
You're ignoring the past responses that have already been posted to you.

Soldato
You're ignoring the past responses that have already been posted to you.
Responses based on opinion without any actual facts, those papers I posted refuted everything you and your ilk have been suggesting, if you can't be bothered to read them or lack the understanding or are just scared to acknowledge you are wrong that is your fault

Soldato
Responses based on opinion without any actual facts, those papers I posted refuted everything you and your ilk have been suggesting, if you can't be bothered to read them or lack the understanding or are just scared to acknowledge you are wrong that is your fault
no, people have posted equally compelling articles and research back to you that show that expanding vegan based farming would have equally damaging effects but you keep choosing to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom