Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't need a science degree to say this, YET AGAIN, the Japanese have a 120mil population and they eat meat and they live the longest.

What scientific fact can dispute that?

You can't.

So you are not even going to attempt to debate my factual points - and try and just divert the conversation in a way that you think helps your point?

Ok, but you just instantly discredited yourself, also your 'point' isn't black and white that simple, there is many reasons the Japanese are long lived, not all diet........

So, I'll ask again, your thoughts on our clearly plant based evolved species? Care to try and disprove any of those points I made? .........to use your words, you can't, because its all true.

Soldato
So you are not even going to attempt to debate my factual points - and try and just divert the conversation in a way that you think helps your point?

Ok, but you just instantly discredited yourself, also your 'point' isn't black and white that simple, there is many reasons the Japanese are long lived, not all diet........

So, I'll ask again, your thoughts on our clearly plant based evolved species? Care to try and disprove any of those points I made? .........to use your words, you can't, because its all true.

We evolved to eat anything we could find and that includes meat. Omnivore. The issue with the modern diet is the amount we eat and the processing of it.

Soldato
I don't have 'beliefs' its literally right there in front of you - look at your own body! lol, how do you explain that to someone who refuses to believe whats there - its really quite obvious, can't you even attempt to explain our majorly long intestinal tracts then? - or just going to ignore this and many other facts? lol

I mean, its hilarious really, I'm seeing this going on CONSTANTLY in this thread by meat eaters? But no one pulls them up on it (if they agree with you) - like, I have already explain not only using science but pretty OBVIOUS logic why humans are clearly evolved to eat plants, no one cares - people are even trying to 'prove' plants and mushrooms feel pain like an animal does :cry::cry::cry::cry:

That's total biased brain washing right there, they are either being sarcastic or genuinely believe it - its incredibly disturbing to justify killing conscious animals for food - it makes me wonder what else in life such people 'excuse'

You made arguments around humans not being carnivores, but we are omnivores, like a lot of other apes will eat meat.

Caporegime
The methane argument is something, but as someone whose PhD is aimed at taking methane and converting it, we'd benefit more from cleaning up our act with associated natural gas flaring, leaking natural gas lines and the rotting stuff that releases methane in our landfills. Here's something from last year.

Plus the whole idea of lab-grown meat doesn't really appeal to me. I don't get the fascination with trying to replicate food by massively over processing other food or ingredients. If I want a veggie burger, mashing up some veg and beans, before seasoning it and cooking it well is plenty good enough. Just reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman realises its all processed food and starts eating it too.

Properly and well cooked vegan dishes. Are great. Processed stuff (meat or veggie) isn't great.

Lab meat does appeal to me though as I do like the taste.

Soldato
You made arguments around humans not being carnivores, but we are omnivores, like a lot of other apes will eat meat.

My points are all around the biological medical scientific fact we have bodies evolved to eat plants, if we are not meant to be primarily eating plants, then, why is our entire body designed to do so ?

Evolutionarily speaking, we are capable omnivores, but we don't *need* to eat meat, at all, as iv said, already, no molecules exist in meat that the human body needs, based on that quite simple science, its fact to say, we need to eat plants, we do not need to eat meat.

We can test this if you like - you eat only meat for 1 years, ill eat only plants, and we'll see who's dead at the end of that - you would obviously never do that because you know you'll die.

Soldato
I think it's fair to say that it's already happening, no?

We certainly have more vegetarians and vegans on the planet now than ever before. Just in the same way people are "evolving" towards EV's over ICE. But it takes time. More importantly, it takes the right message and this is where it falls down.

So many of the arguments in favor of change revolve around the use of emotive imagery and wording, picking only the worst-of-the-worst (often not even from this country) in an attempt to back-up their message. Use of terms such as "murder" to attempt to illicit an emotional response from a person, rather than a well thought out, considered response from the more reasoned areas of the brain, less driven by emotion and reaction to "shocking" images etc.. This is the problem. Could you imagine if every EV owner went around berating and belittling ICE drivers the way many vegans do towards meat-eaters?

Instead look at the "message" being used to encourage people to switch. Free (or super cheap) charging... Road tax discounts etc... Incentives and positive messages, not belittlement and accusations of murder.
When most of the world do not have a choice as to what they eat, they eat what is available or they die. Veganism is a first world concept derived from vegetarianism in the last one hundred years or so.
I would support proper foods ie unprocessed cooked from scratch to retain all their goodness. That way people do not overeat, they retain some sort of balance with fats, fibre and carbohydrates. Eating meats or not is a personal choice but a drive to eating wholesome foods would reduce obesity, a lot of digestive diseases and problems. That is the bigger issue.

Caporegime

Your "factual" point are all irrelevant when it doesn't prove to me that I can live healthy and long with it.

The Japanese are proven fact that you can eat meat and live to be the longest on the planet. There is no proof that being vegan lives longer.

And no, Morality is not in the equation. I already said it politely to ask you not to once already. Because if we are talking morals, you would be a massive hypocrite. There is no way you have zero animal products in your home (or life in the past), from clothing, to wallet, to bags, to shoes, to car seats to the steering wheel to the sofa to office chair to the camera strap. Do not bring morality into it, for YOUR sake, please.

Soldato
We can test this if you like - you eat only meat for 1 years, ill eat only plants, and we'll see who's dead at the end of that - you would obviously never do that because you know you'll die.

Why would he do that, nobody said humans are obligate carnivores that is a construction of yours to support your argument. Humans are omnivores. Fact.

Soldato
LOL @ degrees comment..... Big wow. I have two degrees as well, I also worked in a marine biology lab, and other labs. Now a qualified professional in IT myself. It. Means. Nothing.

Here are some basics for you. Animals are just processors (as are we). The efficient way for our bodies is that other animals eat things, they process it, and then we consume what they converted into usual stuff for our bodies.

Eating plants makes it a LOT harder for us to get what we need. Since we have intelligence, it is easy for use to hunt, and crucially FARM those animals. We have not really devised a system yet where we can take raw minerals (etc) and process them so that it works well with our bodies. We need other things, not just raw minerals.

Let's take a look at bread. Once you start getting into thing's that don't require a lot of chewing, we as humans start to have jaw and teeth issues... but I'm sure it's all good. It's all fine...

Caporegime
LOL @ degrees comment..... Big wow. I have two degrees as well, I also worked in a marine biology lab, and other labs. Now a qualified professional in IT myself. It. Means. Nothing.

Here are some basics for you. Animals are just processors (as are we). The efficient way for our bodies is that other animals eat things, they process it, and then we consume what they converted into usual stuff for our bodies.

Eating plants makes it a LOT harder for us to get what we need. Since we have intelligence, it is easy for use to hunt, and crucially FARM those animals. We have not really devised a system yet where we can take raw minerals (etc) and process them so that it works well with our bodies. We need other things, not just raw minerals.
p.s. I have 2 degrees too and then a postgrad one on top. boohoo, means bugger all lol We all need to eat!

Soldato
Your "factual" point is all irrelevant when it doesn't prove to me that I can live healthy and long with it.

The Japanese are proven fact that you can eat meat and live to be the longest on the planet. There is no proof that being vegan lives longer.

And no, Morality is not in the equation. I already said it politely to ask you not to once already. Because if we are talking morals, you would be a massive hypocrite. There is no way you have zero animal products in your home, from clothing, to wallet, to bags, to shoes, to car seats to the steering wheel to the sofa to office chair to the camera strap. Do not bring morality into it, for YOUR sake.

There is my answer then - all absolutely solid facts and you have decided to declare them 'irrelevant' - so you're not going to engage.

It's a very sad time we live in, people choose to ignore facts when they hate what the facts say - we can't continue to debate because you have closed yourself off to reality.

You're also skewing the debate now - now your trying to say plant/meat diets are all with the only target being to live longest - that's irrelevant, ironically, you can die a million other ways before old age, and has nothing to do with the fact we are designed to eat plants - your point is in no way related to what I am saying.

You'll hate me even more for saying it, you don't need meat to live, fact, but you'll just disagree, why do people even bother debating any more, we live in a 'only my way is the right way' society and are closed off to others - even others with the backing of science.

And then to say slaughtering an innocent animal has nothing to do with morality is really quite a sick and disturbing comment - your character disturbs me.

As for your hypocritical point - yes you're absolutely right, I cannot live on this planet without impacting it or 'taking' from it, to sustain myself and what I need to do to exist in a society based on a monetary capitalist system.

Scary times.

PS: I have gone out of my way to not have ANY animal products in my home (thank you for making that point sir !!) - in simple terms I can only try my best - I am sure a man of your intelligence can understand trying ones best vs factual reality. Before I learned about the harm eating meat does, further, the animal abuse and environmental damage I did have such things - instead of throwing them out and buying new (wasteful), I kept items until they wore out - and any replacements I have are plant based only.

Clothing mostly cotton, wallet vegan leather, shoes are vegan cactus (who knew you can make leather from a cactus plant!), bags synthetic materials, car seat is cloth/synthetic - my office chair I made sure also had no animal components - camera strap is neoprene - which I must research now, as I honestly don't know if that's plant based.

I hope you found the latter half of my reply kind of useful rather than attacking.

EDIT: Neoprene isn't animal based, a polymer synthetic - good!

Caporegime
@Combat squirrel The reality is that vegan do not live the longest, there is no facts to support that.

There isn't. Show me. Show me a statistic where 130mil of vegans are the longest living human beings?

And science is evolving all the time, your "understanding", by the way, not a fact, is of current science. It doesn't make it permanent. I follow what is proven to be right, so far, by a long way, and that is who lives the longest and healthiest, and they are not vegan.

Until vegans are proven to live the longest...I will stick to what is currently proven thus far.

And I haven't even mentioned morals.

Soldato
@Combat squirrel The reality is that vegan do not live the longest, there is no facts to support that.

There isn't. Show me. Show me a statistic where 130mil of vegans are the longest living human beings?

And science is evolving all the time, your "understanding", by the way, not a fact, is of current science. It doesn't make it permanent. I follow what is proven to be right, so far, by a long way, and that is who lives the longest and healthiest, and they are not vegan.

Until vegans are proven to live the longest...I will stick to what is currently proven thus far.

And I haven't even mentioned morals.

You seem obsessed with longevity - ok I'll adjust all my points to fit the mindset you're in.

(but dude, you're ignoring sooooo many things I have said, probably because you don't want to think about it)

Tons and tons of science exists that shows eating meat increases the risk of cancer hugely, as well as heart disease. Vegan diet studies do exist that show vegans have hugely reduced risk factors.

Just at least directly try to reply to one point - why, do the only things humans NEED in their diet, only exist in plants? Does that make said plants essential ? How come nothing in meat tissue exists that is essential to us ?

Meats just mostly protein, iv had 100 grams of that today in my plant diet.

If you want to live like the Japanese, you need to move there then if you want to grow supper old - its not just diet that helps them.

Soldato
EDIT: Neoprene isn't animal based, a polymer synthetic - good!

Is it your absolute opinion that man made polymers are better for the world than organic materials made from animals?

Because I'd argue that if we're talking bigger picture, animals that are treated well and killed humanely are the better choice than polluting the world with chemical extraction and the products it enables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom