• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

Why are you not vegan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I’m curious, for all the vegans here how much exercise do you do on a weekly basis and what type of exercise (if your job involves a lot of physical movement feel free to list)?
For those that do a lot of exercise Do you have to heavily supplement the protein your missing out on?

I ask because I basically crave meat after a workout due to the protein.
protein is very very easy without supplements ,i am 6ft 2 15 stone but little fat surf 3 times weekly cliff walk also free weights ,high muscle mass ,seriously protein is no problem

Soldato
I know.... when i was a kid (not so long ago) you would see mackeral, 100s of them, swimming up and down the coast around North wales, you literally could not get your rod in quick enough and would pull out 8 at a time.

i have not seen such a thing in over 20 years (mind you have not been sea fishing for 15 years... i keep meaning to go again),. back then catching your mackeral on a day sea fishing trip was done in 30 mins to basically get a few for the fying pan and then the rest for bait for your bigger fish... since then, catching a few mackeral may be all you manage in an entire day of fishing.
Still get the shoals here although they don't last as long it seems. Plenty around though.

Soldato
I’m curious, for all the vegans here how much exercise do you do on a weekly basis and what type of exercise (if your job involves a lot of physical movement feel free to list)?
For those that do a lot of exercise Do you have to heavily supplement the protein your missing out on?
Going off some of the posters opinions vegans don't exercise and are the unhealthiest people on the planet :D

Caporegime
Bolt gun in the head ,how do you like that ? says the slaughterhouse worker ,cow struggles for breath throughout ,this is what you support

When I was in Lithuania I once picked a pig. Slaughtered it. Burnt all the hair off it and help cut it up. The worst part was the poop coming out when it got squeezed in a certain way.

The fact is that a pig would have never been born or lived had it not been for consumption. In that way it is better to live a life than not live one at all.

Caporegime
It's a shame slavery isn't still a thing so you could explain to all the slaves that they should be happy they're alive

It is not the same thing and you know it. I bet you're more than happy having a new I phone every year and a new car every year while millions of people get exploited in far worse ways than an animal being bred for consumption. Slavery is very much still a thing it just comes under a different banner now.

Also if I added to my story that a lot of the pig was given away to locals who couldn't afford it puts it in a whole new light doesn't it?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a shame slavery isn't still a thing so you could explain to all the slaves that they should be happy they're alive
If we're going to differentiate between eating living organisms by their levels of sentience and their ability to perceive pain, ie: plants -> some animals, then another differentiation in your example would be the cognitive levels of the animal to understand the concept of freedom or slavery!

Soldato
It is not the same thing and you know it. I bet you're more than happy having a new I phone every year and a new car every year while millions of people get exploited in far worse ways than an animal being bred for consumption. Slavery is very much still a thing in just comes under a different banner now.

Also if I added to my story that a lot of the pig was given away to locals who couldn't afford it puts it in a whole new light doesn't it?
The point is that the justification that "any life is better than no life" is no justification at all, it's messed up to think this way

Caporegime
The point is that the justification that "any life is better than no life" is no justification at all, it's messed up to think this way

Just the same as the total hypocracy of being a vegan yet if asked to give up his Western wealth so the vulnerable and exploited can lead good lives like a Cow or Pig suddenly turns his back and gets back in line.

The world isn't a Utopia and never has been.

Soldato

I ask because I basically crave meat after a workout due to the protein.
@LiE may be able to assist.

Soldato
Isnt there also the option just stick with natural farming practises, the food will cost more because it takes more space but I dont think vegan is cheap either depending if you can self cook, grow. Some of the industrialisation of animal to meat production is basically cruel, pigs are highly intelligent etc.

no, you are an omnivore that doesn't bhave to eat meat.
True, cats can really only eat meat or at best fish but they are animals. Its fair enough people have the choice, they can also act to make the process of raising cattle perfectly humane.

Soldato
you ever tried nuts ,chick peas, lentils i could go on ,its not even a slight issue
I got bored of almonds. I've not knowingly tried the others, not that you care judging by the passive aggressive tone. Also you named three and got fed up as if that is supposed to be some huge list.

Soldato
I got bored of almonds. I've not knowingly tried the others, not that you care judging by the passive aggressive tone. Also you named three and got fed up as if that is supposed to be some huge list.
I have a thing about cashews and almonds ,also tomato and red lentil soup ,also no tone intended ,i get the pea protein soya products but they probably are not the healthiest

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@LiE may be able to assist.

@Chuk_Chuk I do weight training 4-5 times per week. I am not vegan anymore but when I was I would have 2 shakes a day to get protein up to around 160g per day.

you ever tried nuts ,chick peas, lentils i could go on ,its not even a slight issue

I have and found them too filling and too much fibre for the amount of protein it provided. They also come loaded with carbs or fat making it tricky to balance your macros if your after pure protein.

Soldato
I have a thing about cashews and almonds ,also tomato and red lentil soup ,also no tone intended ,i get the pea protein soya products but they probably are not the healthiest

Do you realise how bad for the environment almond farming is, you should be ashamed of yourself, all those bees on your conscience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom