Why do lorries do it?

Permabanned
Am i the only one to point out the driver took out his mobile phone and took pictures, how bloody dangerous is that at 50mph.

Double standards.

Caporegime
peterattheboro said:
lorryzo1.jpg

I take it this is just a game they play and these people are seriously not that stupid?

They were side by side at 55 mph for a good 5-10 minutes and really irritates me!
Tax discs are on the left are they not? i.e. I thought his passenger took the snap, or, he has long arms? :confused:

Or do you mean my own double standards :o
P4270016.jpg

Ahem. ;)

Associate
This is about one of my worst hates on a dual carriageway. Two idiot truckers, and I mean they really are 100% stupid to be messing about trying to make a pass when it takes so much time. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for this at all. None. No kind of common sense to cover it, nothing anyone can say. Right there are two ego's racing. End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

Kudos on getting a shot though. It is sadly a commonplace thing to see.

Associate
Sinizterguy said:
To be honest if this was US and I had a gun, shooting out some of his tyres would be something I would have seriously considered.

If one was to do that and then duly wrecked ones motor running over the spent carcasses.... Why make a bad situation worse I do not know, but there is definately no law against thinking it.

Associate
Fido McNasty said:
This is about one of my worst hates on a dual carriageway. Two idiot truckers, and I mean they really are 100% stupid to be messing about trying to make a pass when it takes so much time. There is absolutely no excuse in the world for this at all. None. No kind of common sense to cover it, nothing anyone can say. Right there are two ego's racing. End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

Kudos on getting a shot though. It is sadly a commonplace thing to see.

ZzzzZZzzzZZZzzzZZZZzZZZZZzzzzZZZz Wake me up when you've finished ;)

Associate
My brother is a truck mechanic who works for DAF. Sometimes he has to drive articulated trucks from A to B so what he does is remove the limiter and do about 80-90 in the outside lane. He is mad but gets big rewards for getting the trucks deliverd quick :)

Permabanned
I see the truck-haters are out in force again, and this time they're mob-handed with 'The Know-It-All's' and 'The Armchair Experts'.

It wouldn't be OcUK without a truck-bashing thread...it's been a few weeks since the last one, I'm surprised it's taken this long.

mglover070588 said:
when lorry drivers do that to me I flash my lights and give them a polite middle finger when i eventually get past

I was at the hospital today getting an X-ray on my fractured femur and the waiting rooms have posters stating that 'anybody who is abusive towards NHS staff will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law'.

No wonder there is a driver-shortage...who really wants to have to endure the sort of abuse that mglover thinks is acceptable, in their daily job of work?

Man of Honour
Gonzo0 said:
My brother is a truck mechanic who works for DAF. Sometimes he has to drive articulated trucks from A to B so what he does is remove the limiter and do about 80-90 in the outside lane. He is mad but gets big rewards for getting the trucks deliverd quick :)

Yea, right, I'm sure he does :)

Man of Honour
West said:
I was gonna say, thats sounds like the biggest load of BS i've ever heard, its ILLEGAL for a lorry to do that speed!

I'm off to bed now, but before I go, you might be interested in this.

Had Mini ONE. It didn't suck. Was MINI adventure. Will post more about it when I can be bothered.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I'm off to bed now, but before I go, you might be interested in this.

Had Mini ONE. It didn't suck. Was MINI adventure. Will post more about it when I can be bothered.

Shocked Fox.. but do I sense I bit of sarcasm there? ;) sleep tight and done let the bed bugs bite ;o

Soldato
West said:
I was gonna say, thats sounds like the biggest load of BS i've ever heard, its ILLEGAL for a lorry to do that speed!
It's also illegal for anyone with a car to drive over 70 - don't think that stops people :p

Associate
West said:

Ye i know it is. Its illegal to remove the limiter in the first place but he still does it. Hes experienced and truck driving though so he know how to handle big trucks at high speed..

Back
Top Bottom