• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see 'delidded' i7 8700k cpu's from 8 pack, on day one?

Associate
I will be looking at the bundles when they come out, I don't need flashing lights etc on my board, just one that gets the best speed out of the processor and perierals
I also have a Noctua cooler which I would like to use, so options without water cooling would be handy
Thanks

Associate
I will be looking at the bundles when they come out, I don't need flashing lights etc on my board, just one that gets the best speed out of the processor and perierals
I also have a Noctua cooler which I would like to use, so options without water cooling would be handy
Thanks

Agreed. Air cooled options would be cool.

Soldato
Agreed. Air cooled options would be cool.

Judging by the 7700k, i expect you will need decent AIO / High end Air / WC to get the best highest clocked 8700K, as effectively you will be taking a 7700K and adding 2 more cores worth of heat to it, so actually i think for the absolute top end chips they will require water cooling.

Soldato
Probably under NDA but I'll ask anyway, is the IMC stronger than kabylake?

It's been known for years now that both Kabylake, Cannonlake and Coffeelake share an identical CPU core architecture. The only architectures differences lie in the iGPU portion, where Kabylake and above support netflix 4K etc.

The next new architecture for Intel will be Icelake (10nm). Until then all we'll get is small clock speed increases or additional cores, though understand that these additional cores do practically nothing for gaming.

Associate
Is there a clearer indication of whether there will be sufficient stock for us to see de-lidded 8700Ks available at launch? If not, ideally I would like a way to pre-order and get in line for a binned CPU, even if it means waiting a few weeks after launch. Otherwise it will probably be best just to roll the dice and buy a retail chip.

Back
Top Bottom