Windows 10

This is going to be the most unfinished and unpolished windows version since vista.

They still have not fixed the 1080 over hdmi and many other problems outstanding. I am still getting black screens in the browser since latest amd drivers.

From reading this thread I get the impression a lot of people have become so conditioned by the average buggy, problematic software release that Windows 10 looks polished to them in comparison :(

Can't believe there still isn't more flexibility let alone bug fixes to many of the really basic features of the start menu customisation - why am I still limited to either having 1x3 medium tiles wide or 2x3 medium tiles wide start menu :(

From reading this thread I get the impression a lot of people have become so conditioned by the average buggy, problematic software release that Windows 10 looks polished to them in comparison :(

Can't believe there still isn't more flexibility let alone bug fixes to many of the really basic features of the start menu customisation - why am I still limited to either having 1x3 medium tiles wide or 2x3 medium tiles wide start menu :(

Lol, 'conditioned'. Thats rapidly becoming the OcUK buzzword for when people are determined to try and keep an argument going when everyone else has got bored and moved on.

I thought you were going to build something better in your free time anyway? You seemed so confident that it was really easy?

Lol, 'conditioned'. Thats rapidly becoming the OcUK buzzword for when people are determined to try and keep an argument going when everyone else has got bored and moved on.

I thought you were going to build something better in your free time anyway? You seemed so confident that it was really easy?

What free time?

Yes. The key stored in the UEFI BIOS will be automatically detected by the installer and just work. Providing you are installing the correct version of course (i.e a Home key will not work using a Pro install).

If you download the 8.1 Installer from Microsoft and run it on a machine with a UEFI BIOS key, you won't be asked for a key or what version to install, it detects in and does it automatically. Windows 10 will do the same (we expect).

That all sounds good to me... hopefully just changing the hard drive to an SSD won't upset things at all?

(Hence the reason for a new ISO install.)

Bit harsh there,still no final or RTM build out yet ,also did not Microsoft say it will be ongoing so expect a few improvements,fixes etc as it goes along even after release.

Also with respect they could release a perfect OS but some people will still bitch and moan .

Personally quite happy with Win10,will be interesting to see how it is six months or so down the road from now :) .

Bit harsh there,still no final or RTM build out yet ,also did not Microsoft say it will be ongoing so expect a few improvements,fixes etc as it goes along even after release.

Also with respect they could release a perfect OS but some people will still bitch and moan .

Personally quite happy with Win10,will be interesting to see how it is six months or so down the road from now :) .

Good point to be fair - it is a bit harsh to judge it before a final/RTM build but it would be a pretty big leap from where it is now and I've come to have low expectations from software development these days.

Skeeter can give me **** but there is a big leap from the days when people had a real passion for coding and today where so many are career programmers/developers who give their work little thought once they are out of the office.

Oh that's right, I forgot. You could do better, but its beneath you to try. You'd rather leave it to the thoughtless 'career programmers' and just slate them off instead.

Are you sure your not one of those career programmers? you seem to be taking my comments awfully personal.

No, I give a dam about my code.

I just think its hilarious the amount of arrogance you have in that you genuinely think you could do a better job than Microsoft in producing a single OS to be used by billions of people across hundreds of millions of different devices.

Are you even raising enhancement requests with Microsoft, or do you just sit on forums complaining? Although it looks like almost all your complaints are based on very specific personal preference rather than anything substantial. For your width of the start menu rant, did you ever stop to think that maybe its related to the minimum size of monitor the OS supports?

No, I give a dam about my code.

I just think its hilarious the amount of arrogance you have in that you genuinely think you could do a better job than Microsoft in producing a single OS to be used by billions of people across hundreds of millions of different devices.

Are you even raising enhancement requests with Microsoft, or do you just sit on forums complaining? Although it looks like almost all your complaints are based on very specific personal preference rather than anything substantial. For your width of the start menu rant, did you ever stop to think that maybe its related to the minimum size of monitor the OS supports?

Funny how you see my posts/put words in my mouse/misunderstand what I'm saying - as far as kernel code goes no I don't think I could do a better job than MS - as far as the shell code goes I have serious concerns about the quality of their programmers and their design direction and so should anyone else with reasonable coding experience. And I'm not exactly going to start working on a shell replacement for Windows 10 (without some significant motivation) when its an ongoing project and underlying functionality which that would depend on is likely to change frequently.

Its not arrogance - with over 20 years of programming experience I know I can at the very least do a reasonable job of UI/shell programming.

I've filed some stuff to the feedback system - but I've also noticed a lot of things I've filed or was going to file have been reported 100s of times going back over a year and still the same - many of which are fairly fundamental and shouldn't be on a low priority tracker.

So, best to hold off the Windows Update until RTM beta testers have posted their thoughts? :p

Hold off till MS take out the key logging\looking at what files you use and other things before touching it.
This is SURPPOSED to happen when the retail version is released.

I do hope the UI changes and it looks like it's been done by kids. The icons must have took over 20 mins to make.

Funny how you see my posts/put words in my mouse/misunderstand what I'm saying - as far as kernel code goes no I don't think I could do a better job than MS - as far as the shell code goes I have serious concerns about the quality of their programmers and their design direction and so should anyone else with reasonable coding experience. And I'm not exactly going to start working on a shell replacement for Windows 10 (without some significant motivation) when its an ongoing project and underlying functionality which that would depend on is likely to change frequently.

Its not arrogance - with over 20 years of programming experience I know I can at the very least do a reasonable job of UI/shell programming.

I've filed some stuff to the feedback system - but I've also noticed a lot of things I've filed or was going to file have been reported 100s of times going back over a year and still the same - many of which are fairly fundamental and shouldn't be on a low priority tracker.

It is more important to have the right tiles than a functioning shell. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom