Windows 10

10240 was when it appeared for me. :p

here is my VM of W10 32 bit 10240.

doesn't have a watermark on it at all

qv9eucpS7ItjFgnQ

Basically if you install over the top of Windows 8, it will move the old windows folder to Windows.old.

14GB should be enough, as my installation uses no where near that at stock. :)

Basically if you install over the top of Windows 8, it will move the old windows folder to Windows.old.

14GB should be enough, as my installation uses no where near that at stock. :)

I see, thanks. Was kinda wondering if it would be possible to download it via the update process, move it elsewhere and then carry out a fresh install on a new SSD that I've got sat here. That way I could dual boot between my current Windows 8.1 install and the W10 one? Or is that not possible and it needs to be installed over the top of my current Windows 8.1?

I see, thanks. Was kinda wondering if it would be possible to download it via the update process, move it elsewhere and then carry out a fresh install on a new SSD that I've got sat here. That way I could dual boot between my current Windows 8.1 install and the W10 one? Or is that not possible and it needs to be installed over the top of my current Windows 8.1?

As far as I am aware, if upgrading you can only install it on the drive Windows is currently on.

However, if you have the ISO, you can fresh install on the SSD, and dual boot with your current Windows 8.1 install on your other drive.

Assuming I have the right end of the stick here?

i just had a thought, surely using a pin to log in instead of a password wouldn't it be easier for hackers to guess as it's just numbers?

The PIN, like the Picture Passwords, are only stored on the device you set them up on.

Hackers cannot access your account remotely using a PIN or Picture Password, only people who physically sit in front of your PC could.

Was just reading something about build 10240 being de activated ready for the RTM build on the 29th.....

could be what's happening ? MS have never said 10240 was RTM ?

Yes build 10.0.10240.16384 was RTM. We are now on new build 10.0.10240.16393 after installed security update, not seen new builds on buildfeed.net for 3 days now. Doubt there will be more new builds between now and 29th until we have final GDR General distribution release build 16393 or higher.

Just noticed here is a new Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074667) on Windows 10.

Then after updated, I checked new build string in regedit:

10240.16393.amd64fre.th1_st1.150717-1719

This was mostly due to the OpenType fonts security issue, all versions of Windows since Vista (I think) got the same update (under diff KB's of course)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom