Windows 10

Question...should I still install all the motherboard and monitor drivers ect from there disks? or just let windows do everything itself and not bother with the disks? What would you guys do on a fresh install with windows 10?

Seems to be the first restart is messed up for me - fails at that point. Its too late for me to connect my dvd drive again so I will wait to tomorrow and see what happens :)

My cat has just given birth to 4 kittens, and a hedge hog has just come through the cat flap (again). Oh what a night!

Install.esd is done (though I had 102450 dumped on a USB anyway)
Windows updates are failing now, and not moving on :(

Anyway, back to the kittens and hedge hog.

Anyone want a kitten? :D

How do we kick off the update? Or is it a waiting game?

e2a5d58ea0.png

Question...should I still install all the motherboard and monitor drivers ect from there disks? or just let windows do everything itself and not bother with the disks? What would you guys do on a fresh install with windows 10?

Anyone? I don't want to mess up by installing drivers over windows drivers or is it best to always install off the manufacturer disks?

If you are preloaded and want to instal now -

In the Preload folder in Sources directroy there is a file Install.esd copy this to a new folder.
Download esd decrypter - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e8e5cc039d51e3db&id=E8E5CC039D51E3DB!77869
install 7 zip to extract esd decrypter
Extract all the files and put it in the same folder as install.esd
Right click decrypt install as administrator
choose option 1
This will create the windows 10 iso, right click and mount it then run setup.

I did upgade and keep file and installed fine.

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...w_to_create_a_bootable_iso_from_the/?sort=new

Thanks, this is what I've just began to do as I don't have the patience to wait for MS to pull its finger out. Thank god for 8 threads :p

Didn't seem to do anything.

Check in the "Update History" for a new entry, most likely failed.

Back
Top Bottom