Windows 10

Soldato
Right 100% giving up for this evening. If needs be I will make bootable media tomorrow when I'm home from work or borrow a USB stick from someone to boot from that.

Soldato
Boom Windows 10. Upgrade has worked fine, but I am going to backup the Windows.Old it created and then 'Reset this PC' without keeping anything. Shouldn't take too long I hope.

Soldato
Thanks, this is what I've just began to do as I don't have the patience to wait for MS to pull its finger out. Thank god for 8 threads :p

Check in the "Update History" for a new entry, most likely failed.

Only a couple of entries that have failed, and they are Defender and Definitions update from March/April.

Soldato
Resetting my install now.

Just so people know, when you reset it asks if you wish to wipe just the OS drive or all drives. Pick whatever you want obviously. Just thought I would share as many have asked.

Associate
So im running fresh Windows 10 install, took 11 minutes to install, could have been quicker but my USB drive is slow

Capture_zps1scveh6t.png

Only Windows and all drivers and Chrome 64bit

Honestly its quick....and the menu :D i approve so so much!

Associate
So im running fresh Windows 10 install, took 11 minutes to install, could have been quicker but my USB drive is slow

Capture_zps1scveh6t.png

Only Windows and all drivers and Chrome 64bit

Honestly its quick....and the menu :D i approve so so much!

So did you just use the install.esd to IOS and boot off that instead, rather then waiting for dumb windows update?

Soldato
If you are preloaded and want to instal now -

In the Preload folder in Sources directroy there is a file Install.esd copy this to a new folder.
Download esd decrypter - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e8e5cc039d51e3db&id=E8E5CC039D51E3DB!77869
install 7 zip to extract esd decrypter
Extract all the files and put it in the same folder as install.esd
Right click decrypt install as administrator
choose option 1
This will create the windows 10 iso, right click and mount it then run setup.

I did upgade and keep file and installed fine.

Reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...w_to_create_a_bootable_iso_from_the/?sort=new

I can't find the install.esd, My folder is around 4GB big, this right ?

Associate
Again, even if you're successful and begin to download the 3GB the likely hood when it tries to install it will fail and you're back to square one.

So far the successful installs are using the ESD Decrypt method.

Soldato
found this:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-update-failed/626e8e68-4d13-4d1b-ade4-beb59e4a14d7?auth=1

I manage to solve my problem.

Go to: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Delete everything

Then run this command in start>cmd wuauclt.exe /updatenow

Nothing happens when I do that, other than 4 new files appearing in \SoftwareDistribution\Download.

Again, even if you're successful and being to download the 3GB the likely hood when it tries to install it will fail and you're back to square one.

So far the successful installs are using the ESD Decrypt method.

Where do we get the .esd file from?

Back
Top Bottom