Windows 10

Soldato
Everything is up and running that I had on 8.1 but Windows 10 is a lot faster, Not a placebo either it really is faster, Liking it so far
happy1.gif

Just need some theme support and DX12 games/benches
happy.png

On a separate note though my GPU seems to never go below 1000MHZ on the core, Nvidia need a new driver.

Soldato
I love that it says 'before installing windows 10 insider preview... something needs your attention'

And.. damnit.. just pressed the check PC button... and I'm still on reserved after re-downloading it :(

Associate
I love that it says 'before installing windows 10 insider preview... something needs your attention'

And.. damnit.. just pressed the check PC button... and I'm still on reserved after re-downloading it :(

Got that on my laptop, tried downloading it twice :( , first failed preapring to install was 5.4GB, when I tried downloading again it came in at around 8.1GB.

I do have the USB ISO here but when I try installing 10 Pro over the top of a fully updated 8.1 Pro it will only give me the option to keep personal files and apps, not my windows settings and programs :confused:

Never had this issue on my desktop or my crappy little 6yr old netbook with an atom CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
On the "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool" page it details how to install windows 10 to a machine that currently has no operating system using an iso.

Step 5 talks about activating the product key:

5. "On the Enter the product key to activate Windows page, enter your product key. The product key should be in a purchase confirmation email if you bought Windows 10. It looks like this: PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

Note

If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.

I thought the idea was that you could enter your old key, i.e. windows 7/8.1 and this would activate windows 10 if for instance you format you current PC which has the old, activated OS in order to do a clean install. It doesn't seem very clear.

Back
Top Bottom