Windows 10

Soldato
Downloaded 64-bit Home on max speed and created a disk. Done in short amount of time.

Now attempting to download 64-bit Pro and the download speed is very low, taking ages :p. Fustrating considering I'm using Win 7 Pro and that's the very ISO I need.

EDIT: And now Windows actually bothers to start upgrading itself. The folder has now appeared on my C drive.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just created a boot usb with windows 10 pro on it. Very easy process indeed. Funny thing is, it used 1gb less disc space vs the windows 8.1 boot usb which is what was on that usb before :)

Windows 10 really does look like it will be an awesome OS.

I forced one of my PCs to download windows 10 update which is downloading now, but will wait a few weeks before I do it on my main PC :D

Soldato
Upgraded using the ESD method in the end.

All went fine and it's activated itself. :)

Nice one.

I did this last night and had no issues.

upgraded from W7 to W10, formatted and re installed from scratch. W7 key didn't work during the install the two times it asked for it but system activated once installed and on the desktop

Associate
I could not find the files as of yesterday, but today the hidden files are there. Download the ISO just in case. Experience issues with the internet past couple of days BT FTTC so this maybe have caused issues.

Soldato
Soldato
Same happened to me. I have just started the process myself using tool here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

This will be my option 1 :) Downloaded ready for me getting home from work. Thanks for this

you can follow the esd method and get it installed if its not started already

guide here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...rom-your/07590098-90a9-4c7e-b6fe-5ce1632daf4b

once the ISO is made, extract it to a folder and run the setup.exe :)

And this is my option 2! lol Did the esd file conversion last night and have the ISO ready to burn

Soldato
This will be my option 1 :) Downloaded ready for me getting home from work. Thanks for this

And this is my option 2! lol Did the esd file conversion last night and have the ISO ready to burn

I did the something, done the upgrade by running the setup.exe once finished I formatted the SSD and copied over the ISO to a USB stick to install from.

everything went well and wondered if I was going to have issues as my W7 key didn't work but skipped this and activated fine once on the desktop so I was happy lol

Associate
Installing W10

New question on install...

"windows 10 who owns this pc" My organisation or I own it. What´s the difference?

I´m a bit confused as I own it and it is part of my organisation.

Back
Top Bottom