Windows 10

Caporegime
Installed - running -

No sound on creative XFI Titanium, but i expected this.

Seems ok so far.

Came from windows 7 on my main machine and have only used 8 for a few hours.

10 seems very much like 8 on the surface... at least to me.

Associate
Turned mine on, it wiped out the $Windows.~BT folder and created a smaller one and also a $Windows.~WS folder. However when I go to windows updates now it isn't saying about windows 10 anymore. This is such an annoying way to do this, I have no idea if it's broken or just MS deciding it's not my turn to upgrade.
I take it if I download the ISO I can still do an in place upgrade and it will pick my key up?

Associate
Turned mine on, it wiped out the $Windows.~BT folder and created a smaller one and also a $Windows.~WS folder. However when I go to windows updates now it isn't saying about windows 10 anymore. This is such an annoying way to do this, I have no idea if it's broken or just MS deciding it's not my turn to upgrade.
I take it if I download the ISO I can still do an in place upgrade and it will pick my key up?

Same happened to me. I have just started the process myself using tool here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Associate
Same happened to me. I have just started the process myself using tool here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Ok brill, I've gotta go to work now, do you mind letting me know if that works ok so when I get home I can install it please? Many Thanks

Will use the tool at work (Boss feels we should upgrade ASAP as we will soon be supporting it) but they are domain machines so will have VL keys and theres no icon anyway.

Soldato
Downloaded my copy from MSDN this morning. Interestingly they don't have a Windows 10 Pro, it seems to have been swallowed up by the Enterprise version. Or maybe they'll release further versions in the coming weeks.

Soldato
I cannot see any activity on my Windows 7 PC. No idea if files are being downloaded from Microsoft at present.

Also whenever I try and check compatibility it just says 'The report is not available at the moment!'

Back
Top Bottom